Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine tasting tours in England

Hi,

I wonder if anyone could help me - and I hope this is an acceptible topic .

I'm interested in the area of mead making but my wife is a wine person. We are looking to see if there would be a tour of two or three English wineries that we could take during the summer. Prefebably something that lasts a day or two (by coach?) and ideally something that takes in a meadery as part of the itenery.

I've tried googling but no joy - if such a tour exists it's well hidden (at least from me).

many thanks for any pointers

MM

Originally posted by MourneMead View Post
    Hi,

I wonder if anyone could help me - and I hope this is an acceptible topic .

I'm interested in the area of mead making but my wife is a wine person. We are looking to see if there would be a tour of two or three English wineries that we could take during the summer. Prefebably something that lasts a day or two (by coach?) and ideally something that takes in a meadery as part of the itenery.

I've tried googling but no joy - if such a tour exists it's well hidden (at least from me).

many thanks for any pointers

MM
    Spect that you'd end up doing the wine route thing, just booking the vineyards that make a bit of mead as well as their wines. There's one in Poole, there's Lurgashall, to name but 2 that I can remember. The only "mead only" place I can think of would be Lindisfarne, but they're up north, whereas the majority of the "known" English wine makers are down this way (half of them seem to be up the road from me ). But Kent, Sussex (both E & W), Surrey, Hant's, Dorset, etc etc.......
    Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Thanks for responding.

I actually stayed in Swanage a couple of years ago - not far from Poole - but didn't think of looking at a meadery then . I did acquire a car suspension busting amount of cider though.

You are right of course, It will be a make your own type holiday - I was hoping for a coach run thing - so I didn't have to drive.

Comment

Working...
      X