Good morning Andy from Barnsley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning Andy from Barnsley

Hi I have just (2 weeks ago) started a Wilco 6 bottle red wine kit, I think I have got the making it yourself bug as I have bought some more equipment and now have a grape juice DJ on the go.

So far so good, my Wilco wine is now in the garage (in a cool place) and my grape juice wine is in a room near my combi boiler.

Both wines fermentated out of the air lock one spat red wine all up the wall (wife was not happy) that was soon cleaned off and it did carm down quite quickly.

I only have glass DJ's X3 at the moment but I am sure the equipment list will get bigger.

I hope to start a white grape and peach wine soon loving it so far and havent touched a drop.

Andy
    IMG_20140224_224755.jpgIMG_20140224resized.jpg

Welcome aboard. You have to be careful - this bug has big teeth
    Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

Brians so right on that. You think it might be nice to just make "a bit", you turn round and find fermenters and other kit filling any available space - Look at Bob's pictures....... that is a double garage! that could accomodate 2 decent sized cars......

I suspect Brian is just as bad I know I am.........

Welcome to the forums.......
      Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

I cannot compete with Bob on floor space, however I am already at 6 m x 6 m & absolutely rammed.
        Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

Afternoon all just bought:

5 x clear glass demijohns
          1 x dark glass demijohn
          1 x 15L tub
          Hydrometer
          Thermometer
          Siphon with tap & filter tube
          bottle brushes
          6 airlocks
          12 plastic corks
          10 capped corks
          4 bored rubber bungs#

Should keep me going for a bit.

Andy

Comment

Very good. It seems like you may still be in control of the situation at the moment, but please be vigilant.

After reviewing your list I see nothing made of stainless steel.
            Purchasing items made of this material is a sure sign of the next stage of infection.
            At this point, some have been known to go to extreme lengths, getting quite addicted to the stainless substance and as a result get hit quite hard in the wallet.

hello my name is Brian and I'm a winemaker.

Comment

That little lot only cost me £10 so i will skip the stainless for the moment and see how i get on with this.

But i do now have a hydrometer !

Got to start somewhere.

Andy

Comment

£10 - nice work.

Comment

Working...
                X