Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grape growing newbie

Hello!!

Let me introduce myself. Im an Spanish grape producer (by casualty) who owns a vineyard of more or less 6 acres. I tried to grow organic grapes but the grapes got infected by Botrytis and I suffered great losses in yield.

As last year production was a complete fail, I've changed my mind about growing organic grapes but I still dont know when I have to spray the vineyard and how much pesticides (nor which) I have to use.

I wonder if you use any tool to decide when, how much and which pesticides to use. Could you help me?

Thanks in advance!

I think you need a different forum.
    This is for making what is described as homebrew wine, not really applicable to wine production as in your situation. I would say there are several limitation of the chemiicals that can be used in Spain concerning wine production.

Best I can suggest is try Google and a search string of "wine and grape growing forums"
    Most seem to be US based from what I get to appear.

You could try "wine and grape growing forums spain"

Are there no advisory centres in your area to supply the required information?

Comment

Honestly, I have no idea. There are so many things that are specific to each wine region. My suggestion would be to consult with other growers in your area. And if there's a local viticulture association, that would also be a good place to start. If nothing else, they should at least be able to point you in the right direction.
      Steve

Comment

Working...
      X