Clarified in one day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clarified in one day

I splash racked my crabapple wine last night. Moved out of a 3 gallon into a 5 and splashed around to degas, then back into a clean sanitized 3 gallon with airlock.

Today when I got home from work the wine is almost cleared. I have never seen this before. About an inch of sediment, but it looks like it has been sitting a long while. One day. I don't get it.

It't not crystal clear but you can see through it. Normally I would see this af a month or two.I'm thinking in time this one will be one without finings quite easily.

I am sure there is an explanation for this. Any ideas?

Sometimes we just get lucky like that! Good job!
    REBEL MODERATOR

...lay down the boogie and play that funky music 'til ya die...'til ya die !"

Comment

I suspect that splash racking removed some CO2 that was keeping stuff in suspension

regards
      Bob
      N.G.W.B.J.
      Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
      Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

How Cold was the room, Mine(pear wine) didn't clear that quick, but before a month it was crystal clear.
        All the differnt gallon jugs.(Oxidized pear, --pear ---,
        not the pear I added the Grape concentrate to in secondary)

I agree with Hippie -- You must of gotten lucky.

The only reason I posted is You know those marble size crab, apple's
        that I told you about I dried, Now they taste Sweet. -- the bigger the tarter, but still sweet.
        http://www.myspace.com/kramus

Comment

Oh eating a bigger one alittle dried--- If eating out of hand Alittle dried doesn't have much flavor.
          http://www.myspace.com/kramus

Comment

It's a steady 60F down there now. I think you are right Bob, it's like the solid matter just separated suddenly. It went from cloudy pinkish red to solid red. Still some ferment going but very little.

Comment

Working...
            X