Tancor Grand Cru and Biolees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tancor Grand Cru and Biolees

I have taken delivery of these products from St Louis wine and beermaking.

The grand cru is a tannin addition that claims to give the wine complexity, bring fruit forward and add mouthfeel
    the biolees gives you the same effect as batonage or sur lie (aging on the lees)

ran the tests on the tancor Grand Cru tonight
    1/2 bottle at 12g/l
    1/2 bottle at 30g/l

does EXACTLY what it says on the tin, what a fantastic product! this is a must have product

David and Karl you guys will have to taste the difference. I will bring some wine with it added to the next Ponte wine circle meeting
    Last edited by lockwood1956; 19-03-2007, 10:03 PM.
    N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

Sounds good Bob, I'll look forward to it
    Discount Home Brew Supplies
    Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
    Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
    National Wine Judge
    N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

Well I tried some of this courtesy of Bob in a two month old blackcurrant wine, and was pleasantly surprised it really seemed to fuse the flavours and rid the harshness of a new wine, thumbs up from me
      Discount Home Brew Supplies
      Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
      Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
      National Wine Judge
      N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

How did your trial of it go David and Sue?
        N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

The trial went great, as you said, "it does wot it says on the tin"

1st we tried it on the young, well very young Merlot and the improvement was fantastic. Hope it tatses as good after a bit of bulk aging.

The 2nd bottle (yeah, i know, sorry Bob ) was added the to last years Pear,yup the award winning one there was some difference with the results though as the vinosity and flavours were by far more apparent in the Merlot than the pear as you would expect but all in all I suppose it comes down to wether youre prepared to be patient and wait the natural way or not.

Comment

It's more than just a quick ageing thing, It is designed to be added prior to barrel ageing the 24 hour thing is just a bench test to see the amount you would require for bulk ageing.

A lot of commercial wineries use this product.

interesting that it didnt work maybe as well on the non grape wine.

I will try and dig out the spec sheet, and post it.

regards
            Bob
            N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Here you go!
              from Scott Labs website

TAN'COR GRAND CRU
              For those who prefer a tannin structure with even greater polymerization and refinement, Tan'Cor Grand Cru is the tannin of choice. It was developed to add structure to premium red wines without harshness or a forward oak finish. Due to a unique extraction process, Tan'Cor Grand Cru further enhances softer middle palate when compared to Tan'Cor. It can also enhance varietal fruit character that may have been masked and add complexity to the finish.
              Tan'Cor Grand Cru will help stabilize wines by improving the polyphenolic composition. The anti-oxidative character of Tan'Cor Grand Cru may allow for the use of less sulfur dioxide. It is especially beneficial when aging wines in older, tannin leached barrels. Tannin reinforcement also helps microbiological management during barrel aging.
              Recommended Dosage: Prior to Barrel Aging Red Wine:100-300 ppm0.83-2.4 lb/1000 gal(10-30 g/hL) Prior to Bottling (3-6 weeks):50-100 ppm0.42-0.83 lb/1000 gal(5-10 g/hL)
              **Tan'Cor, Tan'Cor Grand Cru, and Biotan tannins are best used prior to barrel aging. This encourages the tannin integration in the wine over time. These tannins may also dramatically improve a red wine when added prior to bottling. At this stage, they should be added at least six weeks prior to bottling to allow full reaction and polymerization. Successful additions can be made closer to bottling but this may result in less throughput during filtration.
              N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Working...
              X