Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Is Planned For This Fermentation Season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Is Planned For This Fermentation Season?

Well it is that time of the year again; harvesting and getting excited about using all those frozen berries that are in the freezer awaiting to be put to good use. My plans for this year - End of September - October 2007 are something like this:

Mulberry Mead - 23 liters
    Blackberry Mead - 23 liters
    Strawberry Mead - 23 liters
    Heavy Bodied Blueberry - 23 liters
    Amarone CC Kit - 23 liters (grape pack)
    Still deciding on three others.. Should be a good season for me cheers, I will post recipes and photos as each progress> Have a GOOD one... DAW

I've got everything almost set. The grape harvest in the US this year is up to three weeks early in many places, so I've been scrambling to get supplies lined up.

Here's my list (so far)...
    • 45 kg Old Vines Zinfandel (California - Mendocino region)
    • 45 kg Syrah (Cali - Lodi region)
    • 45 kg Petite Sirah (California - Lodi)
    • 90 kg Pinot Noir - 115 Clone (California - Carneros region)
    • 20-25 kg Frontenac (hybrid) from my backyard. These are destined for port and are already looking nice and a little raisined.
    • Another 45 kg Frontenac from a local vineyard. Will probably use these for a rose.
    • 20-25 kg Sabrevois (hybrid) from a local vineyard. They make a nice smoky flavored wine. Not so good as a pure varietal, but excellent for blending.

300+ kilos this year. Looks like the earliest date I will be getting grapes is the 13th of September. Those are the Lodi and Mendocino varietals.

Fall crush is almost here!

Steve
    Last edited by NorthernWiner; 27-08-2007, 04:49 AM.
    Steve

Comment

Well for us it depends on how many boxes of merlot grapes Bob can fit in his car

On the other hand there will be the normal run of Pear another run of Tea and a Hawthorn berry all will be 5 gallon batches.

Not to mention the proposed run of carrot and anything else we manage to sort

Comment

Being a carefree (disorganised) old biddy I've nothing planned but will leave it to chance and see what happens. Plus being off to Uni may not leave me much time this year.
        Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

Port from elderberries/vblackberries
          Fresh grapes from Italy and Spain....sangiovese, merlot, cab sauvignon and grenache
          Kiwi fruit
          AO mead (again)
          Fresh grapes (1st crop) Rondo and Reichensteiner
          N.G.W.B.J.
          Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
          Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Working...
          X