Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lidl red grape juice

Lidl have got 12 ltrs of red grape juice for £4.99
    I had an empty brew bin so i bought 2 tray's now i have another 5 gallon on the go.

SG was 1.066
    so should give over 8%
    http://pressboost.co.uk/

Sounds good. Any other ingredients in the box with the grape juice? is it one big box or a few little ones?

Have you found a cure for your lack of bottles yet? I've been asking everyone I know for mine now..

Rich

Comment

It's 1 ltr carton's was hard work getting em home on a motorbike ended up making 2 journeys.

Getting there with bottles daughter is bringing them home from work and friends are saving them for me .I will also bulk age some in DG's.

just had a check on whats on the go

1 gal blackurant juice
      1 gal tea
      1 gal turbo cider
      1 gal Young's medium white(kit)
      5 gal liebfraumilch(kit)
      5 gal magnum (kit)
      5 gal Lidl red

Looks like i have my crimbo stock in

Comment

I bought 12 litres of the grape juice and was wondering the best way to brew it. Did you just add sugar and yeast?
        www.honeyjukes.co.uk

Comment

SG came out at 1.066 so i just added yeast and yeast nutrient think i should use pectolase as well but i havent got any

Comment

hey snow, let me know how that comes out. I indulged in some cartons and I'm waiting to hear how yours is before I do a batch

Comment

I started a batch of this last thursday - only difference was the addition of a 245g can of red grape concentrate. Starting SG 1.08. It seems to have stopped fermenting now and SG is 1.00

I will stabilise it later today (maybe tomorrow) and see how it clears. It is a nice strong red colour and tastes quite pleasant.
              www.honeyjukes.co.uk

Comment

Took mine out of fermentation bucket and put into carboy last night sg 1.010 tasted a litle bitter but a real nice colour gona let it ferment a bit longer but on a hole its looking good

Comment

Started mine on Sunday eve, just before going away for a few days.. Wife says it's 'foaming nicely' hopefully that's a good thing.

Adjusted the SG to 1.090 ish before adding the yeast, then I've picked up some oak chips this week to go in it when it goes in the secondary at the end of the week.

Rich

Comment

I used Lidl grape (Solvito one) as 50% of my Pomegranate wine last year (made with Pomegrate drink) and it was lovely.

I purchased 3 'slabs' of Lidl juice the other day as it makes a good relacement for water in the red wines.

However, if it turns out to make a drinkable wine on its own I might have a go!

Kieron.
                    Visit my Gold Panning Blog

Comment

Originally posted by kmoorman View Post
                      I purchased 3 'slabs' of Lidl juice the other day as it makes a good relacement for water in the red wines.
                      What red wines do you use it in? Surely if it was a kit, it would effect the balance of it all?

If it's in fruit wine, is it good for that? suppose it's no different to adding grape concentrate!

Rich
                      Last edited by Rich; 10-09-2007, 11:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Richydd View Post
                        Originally posted by kmoorman View Post
                        What red wines do you use it in? Surely if it was a kit, it would effect the balance of it all?

If it's in fruit wine, is it good for that? suppose it's no different to adding grape concentrate!

Rich
                        I will use it instead of / as well as water for red wines - not to replace grape concentrate, as it isn't wine grape juice, so I would imagaine it won't make a great wine on it's own.

Comment

Update.... I looked at it today stopped bubbling so gave it a test sg 0.996.
                          Its started to clear already and i mst say im very suprised by the taste it'll never be a great wine but it is very drinkable infact much better than i thought it would be .

Comment

Tested mine this morning, down to .995

Got stuff to do today (food shopping, nothing in the house since we've been away!)

This afternoon I hope to rack it off and stabilize it. Then maybe into DJs to age for a while.

(tastes ok too, bit thin maybe..)

Rich

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post

(tastes ok too, bit thin maybe..)

Rich
                              That's why my 'stash' is for adding to juice & country wines I make... I wouldn't imagine it will produce much body on its own.

My first use will be with some Pomegrate drink I have ready to go - I made a batch of this a year ago and it is lovely.

Comment

Working...
                              X