Birch sap wine....any info?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birch sap wine....any info?

Sorry to keep asking lots of questions, but this wine making lark has me intrigued!!
    I've noticed lots of recipes for birch sap wine. I've seen how to extract it and am aware of the fact its best extracted in March and is a traditional style of wine, but has anyone made any and if so what does it taste like.
    This one I keep pondering over with curiosity!
    Paul
    I LOVE MAKING WINE....JUST HATE DRINKING THE STUFF!!

Originally posted by mr lil View Post
    Sorry to keep asking lots of questions, but this wine making lark has me intrigued!!
    I've noticed lots of recipes for birch sap wine. I've seen how to extract it and am aware of the fact its best extracted in March and is a traditional style of wine, but has anyone made any and if so what does it taste like.
    This one I keep pondering over with curiosity!
    Paul
    I haven't tasted birch wine myself but enquired about it sometime ago. I was told it tastes like wintergreen, much like birch beer, if you've had that.

Steve
    Steve

Comment

Interesting - wintergreen yes, would be great fun in the early spring. Lots of Birch trees in your area Steve? Must be some in Scotland? I would like to try it; I think that I would like to use honey instead of sugar but like the reducing in this link. The link shows the whole process. Should be well bodied an flavourful? Cheers DAW

Comment

I have made loads of birch sap wine what do you want to know
        Wine from grapes is alright, but nothing beats the proper stuff to make wine with.

Comment

Originally posted by hedgerow View Post
          I have made loads of birch sap wine what do you want to know

Thank you hedgerow. A good detailed recipe on your methods, equipment and instruments used. The yeast and pictures if possible would be great. How does it taste - better the first time? have you changed the way you made the last batch compared to the first? Do you recommend that others give it a try? Cheers Daw

Comment

Working...
          X