Selection Luna Rossa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selection Luna Rossa

I am thinking about what sort of wines I am going to make next year and while doing a little research, the name Luna Rossa cropped up. There is a Luna Rossa kit in the Wine Expert selection series and I am wondering if anyone out there has made one and what you think to it.
    National Wine Judge NGWBJ

Secretary of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Society

My friends would think I was a nut, turning water into wine....... Lyrics from Solsbury hill by Peter Gabriel

Member of THE newest wine circle in Yorkshire!!

I've thought about doing one of those too Rich, when the decks have cleared a little, I might well get one. Tim V's post on WinePress made me think of doing it..

Hope that helps..

What else you brewing Rich?

Rich

Comment

Thanks for that Rich, that just about ticks the boxes, looks like I will be getting one of these in the near future.

At the moment I have the Rioja clearing and a 1 gal Chardonnay kit ready to bottle. Once the Rioja is out of the way I am doing another 5 gal of Pinot Grigio. I also have that Selection Kit (Chateau DU Roi) to put on. I have various 1 gal kits to get brewing.

Another Kit I want to try next year is an Island Mist, sounds like a good BBQ drink (and it might keep the girlies quiet).

My friends would think I was a nut, turning water into wine....... Lyrics from Solsbury hill by Peter Gabriel

Comment

Everyone I know who has made this kit rates it very highly indeed, if you buy it from hop and grape they still have the free stuff deal going on. I could pick it up for you if you like when I'm passing that way.

cheers

Bob
        N.G.W.B.J.
        Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
        Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Originally posted by Richard_S View Post
          Another Kit I want to try next year is an Island Mist, sounds like a good BBQ drink (and it might keep the girlies quiet).
          The Heron Bay range are good, try the raspberry Zinfandel, (I made it for the wedding and it was a huge hit) they also do them in 1 gallon sizes so you can try them out first.

regareds
          Bob
          N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
            Everyone I know who has made this kit rates it very highly indeed
            Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
            The Heron Bay range are good, try the raspberry Zinfandel, (I made it for the wedding and it was a huge hit) they also do them in 1 gallon sizes so you can try them out first.
            Looks like i'm gonna be busy next year, cheers Bob, I will let you know bout your kind offer.

Comment

I can vouch for Bobs raspberry Zinfandel. He opened a bottle of it the night before we picked the grapes up this year. It's also on my 'to do' list!!

Rich

Comment

The Luna Rossa is on order and will be delivered on Friday. Hop and Grape still have that fantastic deal on so I should be getting a load of free gear again

Cum on Rich, get one ordered before the baby takes all your money!

Comment

Dude!

Im calling at hop and grape tomorrow, if you want me to pick it up for you

and Rich allready has one, i picked it up for him a little while back
                  Last edited by lockwood1956; 13-11-2007, 09:34 PM.
                  N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Bob, they have run out and don't get a delivery till Thursday. Thanks for the offer though, star man!

Comment

Yup, can vouch for Hop&grape's delivery is Thursday. Got the rasp zinf kit ordered and a selection of other things.

Could do with another carboy or better bottle though now.. things starting to look a little full round here

Rich

Comment

Update time!

I filtered (didn't need it) and bottled some of the Luna Rossa, the rest is in dj's. I had about 2/3 of a bottle left over so me and Stinky drank this the next day. WOW, this is gonna be good! The oak hits you straight away and there was a long fruity type finish to it.

I entered a bottle in the circle comp and it came 3rd, the judges comments included something about lacking the finish that the 1st and 2nd placed wines had. I tasted it and had to agree, the fruity finish had mostly gone into hiding, probably bottle shock. The recommendations for making this wine say that it needs quite a bit of maturing and now I understand why. Might crack a couple open at Christmas to check the progress.

Comment

Just started off one of these kits yesterday. Wondered if anyone is drinking any at the moment that have aged for 12 months plus? Did it develop into a good wine?
                          Stuart

View My Current BrewTrax Stat's here
                          BrewTrax forum discount details here

Comment

Turned into a very very nice wine indeed at 1 year old (not much of it made it past one year...I was new then)
                            N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

That's good news, I have some bulk ageing that was fermented on some grape skins last year!

Comment

Working...
                              X