Kit wine reviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kit wine reviews

Does anybody know of a web site reviewing kit wines? As I am still in the realms of kit brewing this would be a very usefull resource for me and I'm sure others?

Cheers,

Kev

No, but it would be a good sub forum to start (hint hint Bob...)

Rich

Comment

A VERY good idea, I think this is something we should do.
      National Wine Judge NGWBJ

Secretary of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Society

My friends would think I was a nut, turning water into wine....... Lyrics from Solsbury hill by Peter Gabriel

Member of THE newest wine circle in Yorkshire!!

Comment

RS and all Great idea if it could be done but a hec of a lot of work if we include all in North America. GB and Europe? Do we want to tackle that? Cheers DAW Then it would only be our specific preference some one else's opinion may be completely different? How do we solve that problem?

Comment

Originally posted by StockeyDAW View Post
          Then it would only be our specific preference some one else's opinion may be completely different?
          I agree that subjectiveness could be a problem. On the other hand, have you bought things before based on the reviews of others? After thinking about it, I buy stuff like this all the time, if a kit gets enough nods it's got to be worth trying.

My friends would think I was a nut, turning water into wine....... Lyrics from Solsbury hill by Peter Gabriel

Comment

I moved this from the tutorials section, to the kit section, where it sits better, a kit review could be useful but of course objectivity is the problem, however I think Richard is right, I have bought kits because a winemaker who I trust has recommended it.

Whoever wants to go first....just start a kit review thread here in the kit wine making forum

cheers dudes
            regards
            Bob
            N.G.W.B.J.
            Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
            Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Just what I was thinking, although it would be based on the opinion of the person writing the review, is'nt the same true of revies of made wines...

And here you could read the views of many people and get an excellent idea of the kit, much better than one persons review... And like has been mentioned, I'd def go for a kit that was highly recomended by certain plp on here!

Comment

Originally posted by bugle View Post
                Just what I was thinking, although it would be based on the opinion of the person writing the review, is'nt the same true of revies of made wines...
                yep

the more i think about it the better an idea I think it is, perhaps we should devise some sort of marking system, I will have a think about it today, ley us have your ideas giuys, maybe marks out of ten for categories such as boquet, oakiness, sweetness, fruitiness, etc etc

busy this morning with disgorging Karls Sparkling wine, we will take pics, and possibly video for a tutorial, might also run it on the winery webcam.
                N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Great about the disgorging - do you have some kind of a freezing set up?

For the Kit reviews -- have them listed by Company? must be hundreds of them? Cheers DAW

Comment

Bob, we will need an A - Z thing like the recipe section. I am looking forward to writing a few reviews. If anyone finds any reviews on other sites, paste 'em in but don't forget to mention the author and where the review came from.

Comment

set up like the recipe section you think?
                      N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Ask and ye shall recieve...take it away guys
                        regards
                        Bob
                        N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Working...
                        X