Searching...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Searching...

The boss has found a wine she really likes and I have been trying to find something I can make similar... The wine is Gallo White Zinfandel Rose, has anyone tried this or acn recommend a kit? Or even a recipe... I would be very greatful, never seen a white zin kit...

Cheers

Kev

Have just been looking through some online shops (hop&grape) and noticed CALIFORNIAN WHITE ZINFANDEL (House of beaverdale), my local HBS doesnt stock this... has anyone tried it? I was thinking of getting a 6 bottle on the go...

Comment

Herron Bay do a raspberry zinfandel rose kit which is very popular with the ladies, it finishes at a med/sweet. Might be worth a try ? Beaverdale are decent kits too so why not try one, it will be very drinkable I'm sure.
      Last edited by Duffbeer; 10-12-2007, 08:26 PM.
      Discount Home Brew Supplies
      Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
      Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
      National Wine Judge
      N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

Is that the one bob did for the wedding?

Comment

Yup that's the one, I helped him bottle them and enjoyed a taster or two . Too sweet for my tastebuds ( I prefer med/dry ) but my wife who is not a wine drinker actualy liked it.
          National Wine Judge
          N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

Thats just the same here, I'm not too keen on the sweet stuff, but the missus will quite happily sup lambrini all night!! so thats why i'm trying to get her more into wine, as she doesnt really like it... well she thinks she doesn't, just gotta find the right stuff...

Cheers Duff, do you know if you can get it in a 6 bottle kit?

Comment

I have a Heron Bay Strawberry white Zin clearing at the mo, I am making it for someone at work. The one we tasted at the home brew shop was fantastic and I don't like sweet wines either (till now!). Try the Beaverdale kit, they are very good and I can't see it letting you down.

PS Welcome back Karl!
              National Wine Judge NGWBJ

Secretary of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Society

My friends would think I was a nut, turning water into wine....... Lyrics from Solsbury hill by Peter Gabriel

Member of THE newest wine circle in Yorkshire!!

Comment

Originally posted by bugle View Post
                Thats just the same here, I'm not too keen on the sweet stuff, but the missus will quite happily sup lambrini all night!! so thats why i'm trying to get her more into wine, as she doesnt really like it... well she thinks she doesn't, just gotta find the right stuff...

Cheers Duff, do you know if you can get it in a 6 bottle kit?
                Not sure on the 6 bottle ones, try searching a few online hbs.

Originally posted by Richard_S View Post
                I have a Heron Bay Strawberry white Zin clearing at the mo, I am making it for someone at work. The one we tasted at the home brew shop was fantastic and I don't like sweet wines either (till now!). Try the Beaverdale kit, they are very good and I can't see it letting you down.

PS Welcome back Karl!
                Cheers dude good to be back and freezing me nuts off
                National Wine Judge
                N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

The Heron Bay are available in 6 bottle kits. Been after getting a Rasp Zinf for a while but never any in stock, and even tried ordering 1 but it didn't come in. 6 or 30 bottle...

Spur of moment thing I bought a Raspberry Merlot kit from Brewgenie this weekend whilst in the Midlands. (from winexpert, so it should be good!)

Excellent service in BrewGenie from Paul. Even gave me the 5% off for forum members. (should be for just mail order though I think!) And all he stuff was reasonably priced.

Rich

Comment

Yup Brew Genie are good, ordered a couple of times from them with no problems at all, fast responce and delivery
                    National Wine Judge
                    N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

Ive done 3 beaverdale kits in the last 2 months and they was great, easy to follow and tasted fine. in trying to clear as im writing a zinfandal kit now and have been for over a week, the other kits cleared fine in 3 days but this one is not having it at all. im not doing any thing different to this as i did with the others , its just a bit unusual. just bear this in mind if picking this kit to do.

Comment

Originally posted by starsky007 View Post
                        Ive done 3 beaverdale kits in the last 2 months and they was great, easy to follow and tasted fine. in trying to clear as im writing a zinfandal kit now and have been for over a week, the other kits cleared fine in 3 days but this one is not having it at all. im not doing any thing different to this as i did with the others , its just a bit unusual. just bear this in mind if picking this kit to do.
                        Patience Starsky a week is nothing to panic about.
                        National Wine Judge
                        N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

Originally posted by Duffbeer View Post
                          Patience Starsky a week is nothing to panic about.
                          I dont mind it taking its time to clear, it just that the other kits was perfect in less than a week. i dont mind ive got 7 more bubbling away nicely in the cupboard.

Comment

Originally posted by starsky007 View Post
                            I dont mind it taking its time to clear, it just that the other kits was perfect in less than a week. i dont mind ive got 7 more bubbling away nicely in the cupboard.
                            You are gettin bitten by the bug lol. You can put two identical kits on at the same time and one will finish and clear before the other, it's a wine thing, give it some time.
                            National Wine Judge NGWBJ

Secretary of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Society

My friends would think I was a nut, turning water into wine....... Lyrics from Solsbury hill by Peter Gabriel

Member of THE newest wine circle in Yorkshire!!

Comment

Working...
                            X