X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White Rose wine kits ?

I'm looking for a basic Chardonnay kit, and came accross this on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=330313610208

I've never heard of them, and a search is unrevealing, could this be an own label, or reboxed.

the price is tempting at £12.25 for 30 bottles.

Has anybody heard of, used or any info on them.

Hmmm, far be it for me to slag off any type of kit wine that I've not tried, but I notice in the Ebay shop for this seller, they're also selling Belvino kits, and rather dodgy looking "vodka" kits.

I made a Belvino Australian Red kit that has got to be the worst red wine I've ever made. Belvino also uses dried fruits as advertised on the one you ask about. Most of the wine I produced from the Belvino kit was made into mulled wine so that I couldn't taste the base wine used... and the rest will be made into sangria come "summer."

I can't help thinking that you could probably make a 5 gallon wine#1 for a similar price, and be guaranteed a good wine at the end of it...

Just my two penn'orth folks.
    HRH Her Lushness

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Comment

I'll blame my age or failing sight, but I'd not noticed the dried friut....

I'll steer clear, not my preferred method.

Comment

I know its not a big issue...
        But a 21L kit, will give you 28 bottles...
        So Lushie is right... a wine #1 would probably work out more cost effective.
        Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

I know I few peole who like Rose wine (luckily!) unfortunately in the time it took to get registered here I couldn't see the pictures in the tutorials and I just presumed thet Wine N01 was made 1 litre red grape/white apple juice.

Anyway imagine my shock when registered to discover the 3 gallons of wine N01
          I had started should have been with white grape juice.

Result of the mistake was an excellent Rose!And those people who like that style of wine and tasted my attempts were impressed.(lying or drunk!)

Try a wine N01 but substitute red grape juice instead of white unlike me who did it the wrong way round to begin with.
          Last edited by plonky; 13-03-2009, 01:33 AM.

Comment

Aye...... Red grape juice instead of white grape juice in Wine #1 is a nice wine also.
            I haven't actually made it myself...
            But the friend that regularly swap with has

In fact, I may have to make my next Wine #1 with red grape, for a wee change.
            Last edited by spritzer; 13-03-2009, 01:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by spritzer View Post
              Aye...... Red grape juice instead of white grape juice in Wine #1 is a nice wine also.
              But the friend that regularly swap with has

I was wondering...............Blueberry and white grape might be nice ?

Comment

Originally posted by plonky View Post
                I was wondering...............Blueberry and white grape might be nice ?
                Hmmmmm
                Maybe's Aye, maybe's naw

I haven't tried it, but it might be worth bash

Comment

Originally posted by spritzer View Post

And I'll make mine (try!) with white grape juice for a wee change Lol.

As to the original question
                  Apparently I have not tried it the Magnum Rose kit gets good reviews around £15 but you have to add sugar
                  Last edited by plonky; 13-03-2009, 01:56 AM. Reason: link

Comment

Originally posted by plonky View Post
                    And I'll make mine (try!) with white grape juice for a wee change Lol.

As to the original question
                    Apparently I have not tried it the Magnum Rose kit gets good reviews around £15 but you have to add sugar
                    Well its worth a try...
                    And if you don't like it... then you have six bottles to put your cooking.
                    Or give it away as "gifts"

I haven't tried the Magnum Rose kit...So I cant comment.

I have tried the Magnum Red kit. I would only use this kit again, if I was using it as an addition to fruit.
                    In my opinion, it needs serious tweaking.

Comment

Working...
                    X