KenRidge Showcase Chocolate Port

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KenRidge Showcase Chocolate Port

Yet another company (my favourite, Vineco) has announced a Chocolate Port. This one is without fruit flavours, ie plain chocolate. I don't know about availability in the UK. Perhaps somebody has a contact at Vineco's UK distributor.

For Chocolate Lovers Only,
    Introducing KenRidge Showcase Limited Release Chocolate Port. Just in time for holiday winemaking our new rich Chocolate Port satisfies the soul and indulges the palate. This full flavoured dessert wine pairs the traditional port character with rich chocolate truffle flavours and a hint of black cherry. It's well rounded structure boasts notes of vanilla with a finish that is pure chocolate decadence. Ruby red in colour with a bittersweet chocolate aroma of our full flavoured port is a perfect and easy ending to any holiday party or indulgent evening alone. Food pairings: Delicious on its own or served with creme brulee, tiramisu or chocolate dipped biscotti. Sweetness: 9 / Body: 5 / Alcohol by Volume: 16% / Single strength 12 litre kit
    Pre-order by July 6. Available August 10, 2009. (Dates apply to Canadian dealers). Thanks to Steve (a retailer in Calgary Alberta Canada) for the info.

Steve
    the procrastinating wine maker in the Niagara Region of Ontario Canada
    "why do today what you can put off till next week"

Sounds interesting, I'll wait and see if it appears here before getting excited

Comment

Digging up an old thread here, but does anybody know if this kit ever came to the UK or if it is run annually?
      The Wine Expert Choc Raspberry kit went down a stormer with my family/freinds this year and I will want to run another one or a similar kit this year too, so this kit is interesting if it's going to be hitting the UK....
      Last edited by AquaCom; 23-01-2011, 11:46 AM.
      Stuart

View My Current BrewTrax Stat's here
      BrewTrax forum discount details here

Comment

You could try calling Carl at Leominster Homebrews - 01568 616188.

He got me a Kenridge Limited Edition kit last year, so he may be able to order one. You won't find one on the website (www.brewingathome.co.uk) but he is very good at getting hold of stuff.
        Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

Originally posted by goldseal View Post
          You could try calling Carl at Leominster Homebrews - 01568 616188.

He got me a Kenridge Limited Edition kit last year, so he may be able to order one. You won't find one on the website (www.brewingathome.co.uk) but he is very good at getting hold of stuff.
          What's the chocolate port kit that some keep raving about ? is it the kenridge one ? Or a different brand ?

When do "they" release it ? is it on a certain date/time ? or available all the year round ?

I've got it in my head that it's Rich that's made that or is it Pete ?

regards

jtfb
          Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

That's the Winexpert Chocolate Raspberry port.

Rich made it first. I tasted it and promptly ordered 2 kits, and another kit the following year.

It is luvverley. Drinkable almost straight away, but it improves further after a year or so.

It was a limited edition kit, but they have re-released it the past two years. Again, Carl at Leominster Homebrews might be able to help, as might our own Karl.

I know you're not a kit person, John, but treat yourself if you get the opportunity
            Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

Originally posted by goldseal View Post
              That's the Winexpert Chocolate Raspberry port.

Rich made it first. I tasted it and promptly ordered 2 kits, and another kit the following year.

It is luvverley. Drinkable almost straight away, but it improves further after a year or so.

It was a limited edition kit, but they have re-released it the past two years. Again, Carl at Leominster Homebrews might be able to help, as might our own Karl.

I know you're not a kit person, John, but treat yourself if you get the opportunity
              Cheers Pete, I'll see if I can get hold of one (or two )

regards

jtfb
              Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Thanks Pete. At least it sounds like it's sourceable, which is good.
                To be honest I would have a go at ordering from my LHBS as I like to put the business his way first. He says he orders weekly from the KenRidge distributor so I suppose it's a case of finding out when it becomes available.
                I'll call Leminster HB if he can't get me one though

FB - another vote for the Wine Expert Choc Raspberry kit
                It's fantastic even after 2 months. I don't have a sweet tooth at all and even I love the results from this kt
                Stuart

Comment

Originally posted by AquaCom View Post
                  Thanks Pete. At least it sounds like it's sourceable, which is good.
                  To be honest I would have a go at ordering from my LHBS as I like to put the business his way first. He says he orders weekly from the KenRidge distributor so I suppose it's a case of finding out when it becomes available.
                  I'll call Leminster HB if he can't get me one though

FB - another vote for the Wine Expert Choc Raspberry kit
                  It's fantastic even after 2 months. I don't have a sweet tooth at all and even I love the results from this kt
                  Excellent. I've just had a google to see if theres any mention of it for the 2011 season yet, but didn't find anything.

I'm also gonna talk to the local HBS first, for the same reasons. He's very helpful and I can just give him a bell to see how it's going.....

For those who've made it, how much was it, so I can put a similar amount of £'s to one side ready for it. He'd probably not want anything up front, but if it's already paid for, then he usually makes the effort to get it in (if only to stop me nagging )

regards

jtfb

Some blog ramblings

Comment

it was £50 (for an 11.5 litre kit)

I doubled it up, so it was £100 for a 5 gallon batch
                    N.G.W.B.J.
                    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                    Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

I paid about £54 for my kit I think (from memory). Most places won't discount it as they sell out straight away every year. I ordered mine a couple of months before release date (they come out each Sept I beleive). So I would recommend getting your name down in June/July time roughly (or now if you think your LHBS will take the order). They they then get it on the list at the distributor.
                      Occasionally you find the Ltd Edition kits in shops where they haven't managed to sell them. I've found some shops take the mick and incerase the price of those kits as they know they will sell, but occasionally you find a real bargain out there on the Ltd Edition kits. I wouldn't risk it with the port kit though as they fly out of the door!
                      Stuart

Comment

Ok, TVM for that. I'll get onto the local HBS bloke next week...

Note to self.......

regards

jtfb

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Working...
                        X