To rack or not to rack that is the question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To rack or not to rack that is the question

I am making a Solomon Grundy 7 day kit wine fermentation has finished and i am ready to stabalise and add the finings.It dosen't say in the instructions to rack the wine and leave the sediment behind as a matter of course i would normally do this then add the stabaliser and the finings it does mention later that after clearing to syphon the wine into another container before sweetening and bottling. I only mention this because in the wine expert kit i am doing it tells me to stir the sediment back in to the wine to help it to clear i know its a more expensive kit and its a totally different wine. I was just wondering if there was any benefit from racking the Solomon grundy wine now or would it be best to to leave it there dosen't seem to be that much sediment in the bottom.

To rack or not to rack that is the question

I wouldn't transfer the stuff, I would rack.
    N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Got to agree with OHBEARY. These 7 day "Solomons" can be imbibed in 7-8 days if you've got a strong constitution and a palate made of asbestos. They taste 100% better if matured for 2-3 months. If you want a quickie, just go for the basic fruit juice wine, and you won't go wrong.
      Like sand thro' your fingers, time slips away........

Comment

Originally posted by Davie View Post
        Got to agree with OHBEARY. These 7 day "Solomons" can be imbibed in 7-8 days if you've got a strong constitution and a palate made of asbestos. They taste 100% better if matured for 2-3 months. If you want a quickie, just go for the basic fruit juice wine, and you won't go wrong.
        Welcome to the forum Davie, and congrats on your first post

Comment

Working...
        X