youngs blackcherry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• youngs blackcherry

just done everything as per instruction. even racked after fermentation although instructions didnt say to. added the stabiliser and then later the finings. it says 7 to 10 days to clear. 10 days has gone and still very cloudy. what should i do next

Is it degassed?

it wont clear unless it is
    N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

will do thatt then. didnt say to on the instructions

Comment

started de gassing now how long does it take for all the froth to go down. and is it a problem that the wine has already had finings and wine stabiliser prior to de gassing

Comment

ok all degassed and back in a dj. did a quick taste test and it is very harsh. nothing at all what i expected. cant taste any vinegar so i dont think it has spoiled. how can i sweeten it up. or is it beyond that now

Comment

Originally posted by bobby View Post
            ok all degassed and back in a dj. did a quick taste test and it is very harsh. nothing at all what i expected. cant taste any vinegar so i dont think it has spoiled. how can i sweeten it up. or is it beyond that now
            I made one of these about 6 months ago and my problem was it being far too sweet! I've had to use it for blending.

You can sweeten it up using sugar-syrup or Young's Sweetener. (no sugar content). But before that, try bottling your wine, then adding between 1/2 and 1 tsp glycerine/bottle. This will help remove any harshness, and might solve your problem.
            Like sand thro' your fingers, time slips away........

Comment

Working...
            X