Xmas kit recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xmas kit recommendation

Can anyone recommend a half decent 30 bottle kit that would be ready for xmas/new year,,would rather have one where you dont need to add sugar and not too expensive, Cheers Mal

Xmas 2010 - nearly anything.

Xmas 2009 - nothing.

When I ran a store, many customers were drinking the California Connoisseur and Ken Ridge Classic kits 4 to 5 weeks after they were started. These were fermented and cleared at about 23C, and then filtered.

Several of the whites would be OK, and the Merlots were the most popular reds. Note: they will all be better in February or March or summer. The whites would probably be better young if sweetened a bit before bottling (esp Riesling, Gewurztraminer, Piesporter, or Liebfraumilch).

Steve
    the procrastinating wine maker in the Niagara Region of Ontario Canada
    "why do today what you can put off till next week"

Comment

Belvino wine kits, ready in 10 days and taste great, i've made 4 (2 red, 2 white) and all turned out great, especially the white. 23 liters for about 16 quid plus sugar.

Comment

Cantina 5 day kit's, not the best in the world, but 1/2 decent £24.50 and no added sugar, you can't go wrong, I have one on the go myself
        Discount Home Brew Supplies
        Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
        Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
        National Wine Judge
        N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

Duffbeer, Have you tried teh Rose version of those?
          If they are alright its probably cheaper than my cheapy Youngs Kits I use.

Comment

Yes, it's a decent quaffing fruity rose and easily sweetened to whatever level you prefer a rose, me personaly 2oz of sugar added when finished gives a pleasant medium dry.
            Discount Home Brew Supplies
            Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
            Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
            National Wine Judge
            N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

Working...
            X