Solomon Grundy Gold - Chablis Blush style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solomon Grundy Gold - Chablis Blush style

Bought a kit to make this today as I wanted a quick pink for over the holiday period. Anyone made this kit and got any tips please?
    www.honeyjukes.co.uk

I have Shirl, it is a very pleasant rose, the only tip I can give is regarding adding sugar at the end to sweeten, I found the kit reccommended amount (4oz I think) was too much for me, it might pay to add 1/2 the amount and increase to your taste.
    Discount Home Brew Supplies
    Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
    Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
    National Wine Judge
    N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

Thanks for that, I have never added sugar to anything I have made as I like my wine dry. Will deffo check the taste before adding any sugar at all. I suppose I could sweeten the odd bottle for those that like it less dry after all
      www.honeyjukes.co.uk

Comment

Update to this thread. Wine finished on Christmas day Had a little taste and so did hubby (a couple glasses for him which was a good sign).

Two months on (I am learning to let some 'age') it is a very nice wine which I will definately make again. I am not an expert and confess to being happy with a 'drinkable' brew. Would love to be able to share a glass of this with someone who knows what they are on about to see if it is as nice as I think.
        www.honeyjukes.co.uk

Comment

Happy for you to send me some, and i will share it with Karl and Richard, but these gold kits make perfectly quaffable wine....
          N.G.W.B.J.
          Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
          Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

i made solomon grundy itwas v nice not as good as californian tho

Comment

Just opened a Chablis blush soloman grundy gold 7 day kit bottle tonight i am pleasently suprised it is a very nice drink i put about two thirds of the reccomended sugar in to backsweeten.The wine is not a light rose. I did a raspberry chocolate port kit last year and i think this has the taste and smell of what i would say is the base for the port kit. a very nice rose but not a light one

Comment

Just bottled my Chablis Blush today well actually bottled it twice after forgetting to backsweeten ive eventually added 3/4 of the suggested amount of sugar and am very impressed with the flavor. Roll on barbecue season.
                BrewTrax Stats

Comment

Working...
                X