Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mosti Mondiale Lambrusco

Domaine Tradition kit. SG 1.085

Gave it a stir last night and this morning it's bubbling like a banshee.

Belted at 73 degrees. I checked last night and this morning.

Wow. Thick syrupy must. I got a feeling this is going to be good.

Oh yea Jojo! That is one of the first kits I ever made, (modified) and everyone loved it. I have 1 bottle left and it is at my Momma's in Indiana so it wouldn't get drank. I labeled it Love Potion #9. I am fairly sure it directly led to the conception of my youngest daughter! hehehe
    REBEL MODERATOR

...lay down the boogie and play that funky music 'til ya die...'til ya die !"

Comment

Originally posted by Hippie
      Oh yea Jojo! That is one of the first kits I ever made, (modified) and everyone loved it. I have 1 bottle left and it is at my Momma's in Indiana so it wouldn't get drank. I labeled it Love Potion #9.
      How would you modify it? I was thinking of adding oak cubes and bulk aging. Does it taste like Ruinite Lambrusco when it's done?
      I am fairly sure it directly led to the conception of my youngest daughter! hehehe
      LOL Maybe I should keep it bottled for a few years.

It won't be long now before our little ones will want to drive. It's a scary thought. LOL

Comment

Bob has the recipe around here somewhere. It was semi-sweet and oakey and tasted like sweet cherries to me. It is better than Riunite but without the carbonization. I vaguely remember dried elderberries, oak chips, and corn sugar being involved somehow.
        REBEL MODERATOR

Comment

Sure do

http://www.lockwoodrecording.net/Glenvalls-recipes.pdf

i'm pretty sure this has the latest updates, if it hasn't let me know and I will ammend.
          N.G.W.B.J.
          Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
          Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

The recipe on it's own

Love Potion #9 December '01

5 gallons Domain Tradition Lambrusca kit
            2 cups 1:1 corn sugar syrup (extra)
            4 oz. dried elderberries (extra)
            8 oz. oak chips (extra)
            bentonite (kit)
            Isinglass (kit)
            Klaro-KC (extra)
            16 oz. wine conditioner (extra)
            Montrachet yeast (kit)
            K-Meta. (kit)
            1 tsp. ascorbic acid at bottling (extra)

Starting SG 1.080 Make up the kit per the exact instructions, add the elderberries and the oak chips, in a straining bag. After fermentation is obviously started, stir the bag around once a day for maximum extraction of the elderberries and the oak. At about SG 1.010, add 1 cup corn sugar dissolved in 1 cup of the wine. Squeeze out the straining bag and discard it. Rack the wine to glass. Follow the wine kit instructions exactly at this point. It might take longer than normal to ferment to dryness. Keep it topped up well! Mine did not clear so I ordered some Klaro-KC, which did the trick. When clear, rack off lees and add 16 oz. wine conditioner. It won't be too sweet for 6 gallons. Bottle it when you can't stand to wait any longer. If planning to age in the bottle for a year or longer, add an additional one-quarter tsp. K-Meta. at bottling. Also add Ascorbic Acid per label if you are OCD like me. Very good! Ended up about 15%, full bodied and smoky, everybody loved it, have 1 bottle left

Last edited by Hippie; 08-03-2006, 08:07 PM.
            N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

I've added the recipes to the download section if thats ok Dude
              N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Cool. It sounds good. I'll have to order another kit!

What's the absorbic acid for?

Comment

Yep, that's cool Dude! Thanks a bunch Bob.

Ascorbic acid is just another extra precaution against oxidation when bottling. It is more short term protection and not long term protection like K-Meta, so do not use in in leiu of.
                  REBEL MODERATOR

Comment

Working...
                  X