fermentation again ???????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fermentation again ???????

I made a youngs brew cellar7 merlot blush. All went acording to plan untill I added the finings. The wine cleared and I thought I would leave it a couple of days to bottle, but it started to ferment again. the fermentation was slow but none the less it was fermenting it has stopped now but i am not sure what to do with it. There is sediment in the bottom so i will rack but what then ?

The only way to know for certain if fermentation is complete is to check with a hydrometer. If it reads 0.996 or less for several consecutive days, it can be regarded as complete.

At what temp has your wine been stored? Sometimes a spell of cold weather will cause fermentation to stop but, as it warms up, it will take off again.
    Steve

Comment

Originally posted by dolmac View Post
      I made a youngs brew cellar7 merlot blush. All went acording to plan untill I added the finings. The wine cleared and I thought I would leave it a couple of days to bottle, but it started to ferment again. the fermentation was slow but none the less it was fermenting it has stopped now but i am not sure what to do with it. There is sediment in the bottom so i will rack but what then ?
      If you just had a positive air lock then it is more than likely the CO2 coming off from gassing and the clearing. I would now proceed according to the directions in the kit as to racking and bottling time lines.
      http://www.winensuds.com/ Gotta love this hobby

Comment

Working...
      X