Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liebfraumilch / Hock style Kit??

Hi there,

The missis is after me to make her some Liebfraumilch style wine.

It's the only wine she drinks and even then she mixes it with lemonade (the Heathen!)

I'm after a recommendation for a good attempt at Liebfraumilch or a Hock type six-bottle kit.

It needs to be cheap and cheerful and require little if any aging.

I was looking at the Butler, Beaverdale or the California Connoisseur range. I don't want to spend much more than a £10 on the kit seeing as the bottles of the real deal in Tesburys only cost £3 each and she's just going to put lemonade in it anyway..........

As always, thanks for any replies.

Darren
    Feel the Zin

Any Riesling kit, finished to semi-sweet, should do the job.
    Steve

Comment

I think Young's do a cheap Liebfraumilch or a Riesling copy. They're the cheapest on the Market - reckon that'll be ok?
      Feel the Zin

Comment

I can't speak for the Young's kit specifically because I have no experience with it. But my feeling is that you wouldn't need an expensive kit to get the result you're looking for.
        Steve

Comment

Later in the year you could fake one of these with an apple wine (cider mash fortified with sugar to 11%) and elderflower cordilal - remarkably close.

There will be a proper recipe somewhere - will have a dig.
          Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

Beaverdale have recently introduced a 6 bottle Liebfraumilch kit which is around £11

Comment

Working...
            X