Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good kit ?

Hmmm. Just down the Road !!

Five men have been killed and another seriously injured in a huge explosion at a Boston industrial estate amid claims it was sparked by an illegal vodka making operation.
    Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

That lot tested the definition of "Proof Spirit" by the sounds of it. Before H&S got mean I used to do a practical to determine if a particular distillate was "proof". i.e if it would combust a cone of gunpowder if ignited. It would seem that their vodka COOP was producing high strength product!.

Also, While a student in Sheffield many moons ago, we set up a still in our student flat. Using milliput, copper pipe and pipette cases (plus smashed pipettes for the fractionating column). We brewed a crude "malt wine" for distillation and had many a happy litre of moonshine from the device.

I clearly remember a visit from plod following the theft of one of the flat mates guitars. Noticing said contraption on the stove, we commented that it was a work of "modern art" we were drying on the stove. Got away with it in fine style.

I ran some of our shine on the Gas chromatograph at Uni and was sobered to find that what we thought was 60% ethanol was more like 50% ethanol, 5% methanol, 5% various polyols and polyphenols and a lot of stuff I still can't identify. No wonder we had thick heads from the stuff.

Stick to wine and beer is my advice. You'll preserve your sight and not blow up your garage!!

cheers

mark

http://markblades.com
    Bebere cerevisiae immodoratio
    These days I'm drinking in Charcot's Joint.

Comment

Working...
    X