Spanish Rose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spanish Rose

I'm looking around for a Rose kit that tastes like a Spanish Rosado - nice and dry but still berry-fruity and tangy. I don't like a lot of the sweeter Roses (calafornian, portugese and some french) on the market and I know many of the Spanish Roses are made from garnacha grapes and sometimes tempranillo so I don't know if this makes a difference - but I've been shopping around all afternoon for a kit that mentions that they might be like a spanish rose...any ? and I need to get a wiggle on so it's ready for when this promised spring/summer arrives!

What you need is real grapes (pre crushed and fast frozen ) - but ready for this summer might be a tight order (even by my standards )
    Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

Winexpert had a Spanish Rosé kit out a couple of years ago. I don't know if they still make it or not.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Cellar_Rat View Post
        What you need is real grapes (pre crushed and fast frozen ) - but ready for this summer might be a tight order (even by my standards )
        that sounds a scary prospect - wouldn't have a clue where to start with grapes - I've only ever done two kits - a Rioja and I've just done a Sauvignon Blanc. I run my own business making skincare stuff so I do enough making and mashing and bottling AND washing up so my reward at the end of a day is easy-made wine - for now anyway - one day I might get to the 'real grapes' but I have to say I'm intrigued.......do you have a webiste...book.....or something?
        shiv

Comment

Just had a look - they don't do that any more - but thanks for the lead Steve...................they do a white zinfandel and a white merlot that are off-dry so I'll look into those. Thanks!

Comment

Hint. Look right at the bottom of Cellar_Rat's posts ....

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernWiner View Post
              Winexpert had a Spanish Rosé kit out a couple of years ago. I don't know if they still make it or not.

http://www.winexpert.com/eflyers/spa...hink_pink.html
              Excellent reply. Much better than my blatant sales pitch
              Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernWiner View Post

http://www.winexpert.com/eflyers/spa...hink_pink.html
                This year it is a French Rose. It's Limited Edition, and I don't know if it has found it's way to the UK. Order date in North America was Feb 15th.
                Winemaking What do you get? Every kit makes approximately 30 bottles What does it cost? Our wine is available at a price for everyone What’s involved? Pick a wine, give it some time, bottle & enjoy

Steve
                the procrastinating wine maker in the Niagara Region of Ontario Canada
                "why do today what you can put off till next week"

Comment

I have made Tempranillo Rose, Montepulciano Rose and Grenache Rose from Cellar Rats grapes and they have all impressed me so far.

Making wine from fresh or frozen grapes is no more difficult than making wine from a kit. Ideally you need one more piece of equipment and that is a small press which need not cost much.

Take a look at the Grapefest and Grape Winemaking section of the forum for more info.

Rob

Comment

I decided to make a rose from left over grape skins from ghe cali grand red. As Bob advised, make sure to add pectinase.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiv1010 View Post
                      that sounds a scary prospect - wouldn't have a clue where to start with grapes - I've only ever done two kits - a Rioja and I've just done a Sauvignon Blanc. I run my own business making skincare stuff so I do enough making and mashing and bottling AND washing up so my reward at the end of a day is easy-made wine - for now anyway - one day I might get to the 'real grapes' but I have to say I'm intrigued.......do you have a webiste...book.....or something?
                      shiv
                      Red Grapes are not difficult, White are perhaps a bit more work.
                      This is a superb book.. The Way to Make Wine: How to Craft Superb Table Wines at Home.

On my webite www.wine-grapes.co.uk the is also a big FAQ.

Comment

Off the plot a little but worthy of a try is a wine number one (recipe on here) BUT make it with the mixed grape juice you can get from Lidl and their apple juice. Make it with Lalvin K1V1116 yeast and make it as per the instructions. Then a couple of extra steps add fermentation stopper ( Sorbate ) as per instruction on the tub and then sweeten just a little to about an SG of 1000 to 1005. I made this in error some time ago didn't read the box and it makes a fabulous little rose and just like wine number one it's ready to drink within a month of bottling.(I've got one of these on the go with the grape skins from a kit tastes good but it's going to need time to mature)
                        Life would be better if I could brew it as fast as we drink it!

Comment

sorry to reply so late ( house buying nightmare took over life - with increased wine consupmtion) but am now back to normal things - thanks may be brave and try the grapes thanks

Comment

Thanks - I'm on it - clearly some weeks later than planned......but better late han never.......................

Comment

Working...
                            X