Magnum 30 bottle dry red

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magnum 30 bottle dry red

Has anyone tried on of these 'magnum' kits?
    at under £17 I guess its not going to be the best quality

you could always use it as a base for the beetroot and parsnip rose

http://markblades.com
    Bebere cerevisiae immodoratio
    These days I'm drinking in Charcot's Joint.

Comment

Originally posted by mcblades View Post
      you could always use it as a base for the beetroot and parsnip rose
      I think I would rather risk the kit!!!
      Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

Originally posted by woody1962 View Post
        Has anyone tried on of these 'magnum' kits?
        at under £17 I guess its not going to be the best quality
        You get what you pay for. If that's what you pay, that's what you get! Depends what your after though, it's all horses for courses after all...

Comment

On the kit front, I started with Selection kits - thinking £2-£3 wasn't bad if the result was drinkable.

The result is more than drinkable, I'm generally pleased - but reds have a problem caused I believe by the process to get the colour into the extract. So then I experimented with cheaper kits. Prices under £20 for a 30 bottle kit - forget it. Better off drinking petrol. £21-£35 for 30 bottles, nasty stuff you would probably leave half drunk on the bar if served in a pub. Over £35, beginning to taste like wine. But why not spend £70 for something really good when you are going to spend so long looking after it and bottling it?

Sadly though, now my head has been turned by frozen crushed grapes, or fresh in the season, I'll never make another kit red - that's for sure.
          Now bottling 20DJs of 2013 red and making room to rack 5 carboys of 2014 red to the DJs where they can wait for another winter.
          Thank goodness for eBay! (local cache of DJs)

Comment

Working...
          X