small wine kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• small wine kits

Are ther any smaller wine kits that I could try? I really dont want to make more
    than 2 or 3 gallons to start with. I have looked around but a lot of the places that sell them online seem to assume that the buyer knows all about these kits and I just dont know anything except what is written which is not much.

There are port kits and late harvest kits and icewine kits that make only 3 gallons, some are pretty high.
    REBEL MODERATOR

...lay down the boogie and play that funky music 'til ya die...'til ya die !"

Comment

You can get 1 gallon kits over here, both 'real' and country wines. I've made a couple, but it was ages ago and I can't remember brand names, but they are available. Check with your local brew shop.
      Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

Heron bay produce 1 gallon wine kits, but i'm not sure if thats just for the UK

You are a member of winepress.US i think

PM frankwine on winepress (Frank Raposa) he is their head honcho, and a real nice guy

hope this helps
        regards
        Bob
        N.G.W.B.J.
        Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
        Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

I have never seen 1 gallon kits here, but that don't mean anything.

I don't get out much.
          REBEL MODERATOR

Comment

Originally posted by Hippie View Post
            I have never seen 1 gallon kits here, but that don't mean anything.

I don't get out much.
            Well, I rarely leave my house so who know what is is brew shops. there are no brew shows within an hour of here so I will be getting my supplies online. Maybe I could try something like the cans of concentrate(Alexanders). They should make a smaller batch than 6 gallons??? I dont think that I have read anything terrible about them. Any opinions?? I am not sure that I will ever be able to handle doing a big batch.
            Last edited by lockwood1956; 29-12-2006, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Try here

home winemaking, wine making, wine kits, wine ingredients, wine equipment
              N.G.W.B.J.
              Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
              Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

That particular website has lots of info on concentrates and purees, but please note the store is in California, so shipping costs will be higher than if you find a shop closer to you who sells them.
                REBEL MODERATOR

Comment

Working...
                X