No announcement yet.

Lychee Wine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know of any supermarket definitely selling Lychees at the moment?

I have just realised I'm down to my last couple of bottles.
    Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• Know anyone with a costco card? they were seen there this week.

Whilst searching the net I've also seen Lychee juice. That might be interesting to try, if I can find any. Back to gallon experiments to get a good recipe though.
      Last edited by Rich; 05-08-2009, 07:53 AM.

Comment

• Been round the Wing Yip superstore in Birmingham. it quite good! at 75p a 567g can they're not too bad. The £6 delivery is a killer though.

Comment

• Watch out with lychee juice-I think the Rubicon ones are juice DRINKS.
          I've got a recipe for a sweet wine using yellow tinned plums-has anyone seen any? I've looked everywhere, and no-one seens to do tinned plums any more.

Comment

• Lychee alert
            Lychees have reappeared on the Tesco website, and Mrs. Goldseal has bought our local branch's entire stock (unfortunately only 3 tins).

Get to your local Tesco immediately

(unless it's the Hereford branch, in which case they're MINE)
            Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• Thats really spooky. I was going to look for some today to start this. Tescos it is...Thanks

Comment

• Guess Im calling at Tescos before work then

cheers dude
                N.G.W.B.J.
                Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Got some (actually 10 tins) even if I dont like the wine, I love Lychees

Havent got any Concentrated grape juice, just pressed grape. Should be ok....I hope

Comment

• Originally posted by darrel View Post
                    Got some (actually 10 tins) even if I dont like the wine, I love Lychees

Havent got any Concentrated grape juice, just pressed grape. Should be ok....I hope

I've made it with pressed grape juice, and concentrated. Pressed juice will be fine!

Comment

• Well got back from badminton at 11pm, showered and then started my first batch. Now in the DJ all ready

Didnt have wgc so used:
                      2 Litres Grape juice,
                      2 Tins Lychees (couple had stones in so beware)
                      500g Sugar
                      Citric acid etc.
                      after throwing it all in it ended up as sg180 so pleased with that. When topping up I will use more juice though. Hopefully will turn out ok

Comment

• Lychees in Aldi from Thursday 63p a tin 567g

Comment

• Cheers for the heads up Darren

will call at aldi on my way to work
                          N.G.W.B.J.
                          Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                          Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• I agree, Thanks Darren

About time I got another 1 of these on.

Comment

• One on at the moment, but as it's a Thursday and I don't start work til late I might nip out for another 10 or 20 tins
                              With Grape flavour comes grape responsibility

Comment

• OK I nipped to Tesco today and whilst wandering round I picked up 3 litres of the Rubicon Lychee juice drink. (3 for £2.50)

So the question is 2 litres or 3 to a gallon?

It's 18% Lychee juice it says.
                                Also it has Malic Acid listed as an ingredient along with Guar Gum, Xanthan Gum, Vit C and Zinc Gluconate.

Fair enough the Malic acid and the vit C might not be too worrisome, but what about the others?
                                With Grape flavour comes grape responsibility

Comment

Working...
                                X