No announcement yet.

Lychee Wine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• have made this few times and saw the rubicon juice so make a no1 and added the rubicon juice tried it last week and both me and missus prefer it from the rubicon juice so went and bought some more as on offer in lidl at 75 per litre
    http://www.iecomputing.co.uk
    http://www.volksfling.co.uk

Comment

• Hmmmm, I may try the juice then instead, or wait till Grapefest to sample everyone elses....
      HRH Her Lushness

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Comment

• I picked up 2 litres of juice today. Will get it sorted by GF10 Jo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rich View Post
          I picked up 2 litres of juice today. Will get it sorted by GF10 Jo.
          I believe I'm out locally tomorrow for work with a car and near a Lidls, so I'll probably get some juice and give it a try; seems rude not to really!
          HRH Her Lushness

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Comment

• Lychees in the local tesco in Ellon. woop woop.

Have to find somewhere to hide this one from the missis or she'll kill me!
            Dutch Gunderson: Who are you and how did you get in here?
            Frank Drebin: I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.
            -Police Squad

Comment

• Just started off some of this.... using the juice.
              I haven't done the actual tinned fruit version yet, so it will be interesting to see the results
              Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

• Originally posted by spritzer View Post
                Just started off some of this.... using the juice.
                I haven't done the actual tinned fruit version yet, so it will be interesting to see the results
                Will have to compare notes, mine has tinned juice and fruit at 1080! Started mine last night.

Comment

• Originally posted by modofodo View Post
                  Will have to compare notes, mine has tinned juice and fruit at 1080! Started mine last night.
                  Mine was one grape, one lychee (basically wine#1)...
                  But used 2tsp of tartaric acid instead of citric (cos that seemed to be the recipe for the original - I really need to get my head around the "acid" aspect of wine making ) and sugar to 1.080...

Comment

• Last night I racked, degassed and sorbated my lychee wine....
                    I need to back sweeten it.. it finished at .990.
                    It needs to be around .996 to .998 for me.
                    I thought there was a chart for how much sugar to add, to increase the SG...
                    I am sure I have seen something similar
                    Can anyone point me in the right direction ?
                    Its been a long day
                    Thanks

Edit: Decided to start with 500g of sugar (5 gal)... and its now .996, and tastes good. So will leave as is now.
                    Last edited by spritzer; 27-11-2010, 09:44 PM.

Comment

• That can help a bit

Comment

• Originally posted by Rich View Post
                        Thats the very ticket Rich
                        This is what I had seen before, but didn't save it anywhere, but I have now
                        Luckily my guesstimate was quite good, otherwise I would have not slept tonight

Comment

• 8 ounces of sugar will raise the SG of a gallon approx 0.018
                          N.G.W.B.J.
                          Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                          Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
                            8 ounces of sugar will raise the SG of a gallon approx 0.018
                            I knew I had heard the number "8" in this context before, but I just couldn't find any reference to it, when I was looking for it.
                            I added 100g (just short of 4oz) per gallon, and its worked out well, and raised the SG, by 0.007
                            Just waiting for it to clear now

Comment

• Hi there,

I haven't made wine for some time and seeing some Rubicon Lychee juice the other day sparked an idea in my head so off I Googled and here I am! Hello to everyone.

So, I'd like to give this a go but I've been out of this for so long that I've forgotten nearly everything

I'd like to try a gallon of this using the Rubicon juice to start off with but I'm not sure how many 1 litre cartons I'd need - I was thinking 4 - does that sound about right? And I'm not sure about sugar - a pound?

Actually, I'd really appreciate it if one of you knowledgeable folks have a recipe that I could follow please?

Thanks very much for any help.

Regards,

Steve

Comment

• Originally posted by iridium View Post
                                Hi there,

I haven't made wine for some time and seeing some Rubicon Lychee juice the other day sparked an idea in my head so off I Googled and here I am! Hello to everyone.

So, I'd like to give this a go but I've been out of this for so long that I've forgotten nearly everything

I'd like to try a gallon of this using the Rubicon juice to start off with but I'm not sure how many 1 litre cartons I'd need - I was thinking 4 - does that sound about right? And I'm not sure about sugar - a pound?

Actually, I'd really appreciate it if one of you knowledgeable folks have a recipe that I could follow please?

Thanks very much for any help.

Regards,

Steve
                                Hi Steve...
                                And welcome to WAH

The first lychee wine I made, was a few months ago, and it was using the Rubicon juice.
                                I used the methodolgy and same quantities in this, LINKY
                                EXCEPT for the acid, as I used 2 tsp tartaric acid
                                And substituting the apple juice for the lychee juice.
                                It turned out to be a very delightful wine, and didn't last long

Hope this helps
                                Last edited by spritzer; 28-11-2010, 07:33 PM. Reason: substitution info

Comment

Working...
                                X