No announcement yet.

Lychee Wine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks Karl ive used a b1 tab and the nutrient what will this do to the wine will it help to keep the yeasties going gave it a good stir hope this was ok cheers daz

Comment

• hopefully it'll kick start the yeast and get them to finish it off!!

Have you calibrated your hydrometer? just a thought... does it read sg 1.00 in 20 degree tap water? I had one that was out a little way. not by that much though.

Rich

Comment

• Never thought of that will check it cheers rich

Comment

• Originally posted by Darren View Post
          Reading taken 1002 its been the same reading for over a week ive had this trouble before it dosen't seem to want to get down to 990 ish i used a d47 yeast its still bubling but only every now and again i would say once every 10 minutes has it finished or should i leave it a bit longer
          I also used D47 and mine is still sloooowly fermenting at about 1.000. Karl describes this yeast as "bone idle", I think he's right.
          National Wine Judge NGWBJ

Secretary of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Society

My friends would think I was a nut, turning water into wine....... Lyrics from Solsbury hill by Peter Gabriel

Member of THE newest wine circle in Yorkshire!!

Comment

• Really pleased with my first batch, drinkable straight away. Used Youngs yeast and supermarket white grape juice. 9/10

Comment

• My first batch was about 9/10 but after a couple of months it was stunning stuff.

My friends would think I was a nut, turning water into wine....... Lyrics from Solsbury hill by Peter Gabriel

Comment

• The gravities on the "lychee twins" have now dropped to 0.992 and 0.994, much better!

Comment

• 0.996 ive racked and degassed and stabalised tonight smells lovely and tastes good

Comment

• clearing quite nicely i reckon another week then its filter and bottle time then i will try and age a few bottles maybee for a couple of shows next year

Comment

• Top banana, how about saving a couple of bottles for me instead of fobbing me off with your beer
                      Discount Home Brew Supplies
                      Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
                      Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
                      National Wine Judge
                      N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

• Originally posted by Duffbeer View Post
                        Top banana, how about saving a couple of bottles for me instead of fobbing me off with your beer
                        Says you with the rhubarb err, wine stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by Duffbeer View Post
                          Top banana, how about saving a couple of bottles for me instead of fobbing me off with your beer
                          There's nothing wrong with my lager will save you a couple of bottles of the lychee I am going to start a new batch of Lychee this weekend

Comment

• Well i just couldn't wait any longer so filtered and bottled it last night. it tastes very nice an excellent wine i can only imagine what its like after a couple of Months will be starting another batch this week i would highly reccomend it

Comment

• Lidl will have Lychee's on offer from next Mon (26th) at 75p per tin.

Comment

• Originally posted by Richard S View Post
                                Lidl will have Lychee's on offer from next Mon (26th) at 75p per tin.
                                Thats quite good... Tesco have a smaller tin of Lychee's for 88p.
                                Thanks Richard
                                Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

Working...
                                X