Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I conducted a tasting and educational presentation earlier tonight for our winemaking club called "Pinot Noir From Around the World."

So tonight I have in my glass some very nice "leftover" Burgundy (2005 Bocquenet Nuits St. George). Liquid silk!
    Steve

Comment

• Just racked and cleared a gallon of Blackberry 2009 wine 13% vol
      a long with my Elderberry wine 2009 13.5% vol, so tonight i will try them
      both a long with a of EDME Lager

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernWiner View Post
        I conducted a tasting and educational presentation earlier tonight for our winemaking club called "Pinot Noir From Around the World."
        Now that would make a great VWC presentation video

tonight for me likely some retsina (when M comes home from work we are off the the local Greek restaurant)

(I will likely raid her stache of Juniper wine when we get home )
        N.G.W.B.J.
        Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
        Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Chinese food and a bottle or 2 of Tinned Strawberry wine...... Good times!!
          (Not all in the same glass, obviously :P)
          "There are 10 types of people who understand Binary; those that do and those that don't.........."

Comment

• Half a bottle of 2009 Grapefest merlot, sat on my own in a Premier Inn. Living the dream
            Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• A Belvino is clearing and a Wherry is brewing, very happy with the lot. Irish weather enough to keep me indoors minding the important business
              Keep on Truckin

Comment

• Over the last few days the following has been consumed - in no particular order:

Lychee #1 ~ about 4 months old (mmmm, nice)
                Rosehip and hibbiscus ~ too sweet for me but the ladies like it.

A couple of commercial reds - ok

Comment

• In my Glass tonight...?

I'm starting (hic...!?!) with a Dried Orange-Blossom, which I stopped @ around S.G. 1.008 - sort of aperitif-ish but not over-sweet.

I followed a recipe in good old Mr Berry's book, as I recall, but doubled up on bananas, for body, as I was aiming for a med-sweet. The boil'n'bucket recipe was based on chopped raisins as the main ingredient along with the dried blossoms, but also recommended adding also a litre of orange-juice per gall - we all know that supermarket orange-juice can vary in quality quite dramatically. For a 2-gall lot, I decided to add 3 x litres of florida orange-juice....

When bottling, I noticed a very slight bitter/acid after-taste (kind of gingery) and an ever-so-slightly musty edge to the bouquet, which I put down to my having added too much orange-juice at the start. I had low expectations, but after three months in the bottle, both those worrying elements have completely disappeared and it's rounded off into a very pleasant glass for social quaffing.... At least I let this one finish fermenting. Cheers... (Hic)

Regards, Alun (jonesthephones)
                  P.S. Listen to my music on: www.youtube.com/jonesthephones

Comment

• Tonight....

A rather splendid (if I say so myself) Merlot from grapefest 2008

spiffing
                    N.G.W.B.J.
                    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                    Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Belvino Classic Red. Amazing for a dried fruit kit. I'm just bustin now to make my own from scratch. BUT, for the time being, and that time, being 24 bottles, we'll (I'll) be enjoying this red. Had planned on giving some for Xmas presents. I'm leaning towards being greedy and thinking only of myself, sure socks would do them.
                      Last edited by Former Canuk; 17-11-2010, 02:10 AM.
                      Keep on Truckin

Comment

• Having a little Late Harvest Gewürztraminer tonight. Sweet and yummy.
                        Steve

Comment

• Originally posted by Former Canuk View Post
                          Belvino Classic Red. Amazing for a dried fruit kit. I'm just bustin now to make my own from scratch. BUT, for the time being, and that time, being 24 bottles, we'll (I'll) be enjoying this red. Had planned on giving some for Xmas presents. I'm leaning towards being greedy and thinking only of myself, sure socks would do them.
                          I used to make only Beaverdales for daily drinking wines (we go through alot of wine ) and after I tried my first belvino kit (12.99 plus £2.60's worth of sugar from morrisons) I can't really justify spending almost 3 times the amount on beaverdales for wine that never gets aged for long at all.

I was a bit aprehensive about the whole dried fruit idea but they certainly must know what there doing with their recipes. Just over £45 for 90 bottles on wine....... I know where my moneys going

Comment

• Tonight, another bottle (or 2) of Gooseberry #1. This was Goldseal's modification of a wine #1 with a tin of gooseberries added at the end to back sweeten.

I'd made it with just 1tsp of acid (verified after I'd found my notes on this one, ok, my 'note' was a luggage label round the neck, then thrown in a folder) My first bottle tasted a little flabby and Goldseal then spilt the beans that he adds 2tsp of acid to his, to balance the sweetness. So I've added a little acid to each bottle left (slightly heaped 1/8th tsp to each bottle) It now tastes yummy enough to be on the second bottle. Hic..

The apple/elderflower was pants.. opened first, and then left, it may get used for cooking.

Comment

• Tonight i will have a of my 2009 Blackberry wine 13.5% vol
                              and finish off with a pint or 5 hic,of my EDME Lager 4.5% vol
                              saturday night i will run out of EDME Lager until next week end.
                              so it's tins of carling until week end

Comment

• Beaverdale Rioja, I rarely drink any other red now days, I make a gallon a month and drink when it gets to 3 months.

Comment

Working...
                                X