This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good stuff that PQ

Tonight, I've got a rather young pint of my all grain speckled hen clone. (From Graham Wheelers book.)

No head retention to speak of, but tastes very pleasant. Maybe tomorrow I'll try another alongside a pint of the real thing.

Seems to have gone a bit 'beery' lately, it's bound to pass, just letting the wines age a little!

Comment

• wine experts brunello.whilst brewing an old peculicar clone. still got loads of wine just want to have something less acoholic for a wee supp. and its great fun to learn new tricks
      http://www.iecomputing.co.uk
      http://www.volksfling.co.uk

Comment

• Originally posted by kampervan View Post
        wine experts brunello.whilst brewing an old peculicar clone. still got loads of wine just want to have something less acoholic for a wee supp. and its great fun to learn new tricks
        Hmm, Brunello. Will have to get one of those out for xmas too I think!

What OP recipe are you doing?

Comment

• 5100g pale malt
          300g crystal
          300g wheat malt
          250g choc malt
          50g black malt
          454g treacle half way through boil
          40g challanger 90 min
          50 fruggle 90 min
          30 goldings 10 min
          yeast nottingham

1.064 but i got 1.061 but nearer 27 ltr
          http://www.iecomputing.co.uk
          http://www.volksfling.co.uk

Comment

• Grapefest 2009 Merlot Rosé (WN1 + Merlot skins) - neighbours thought it was a commercial effort. Not sure if that is flattery or an insult .

Winexpert Ltd Ed Alsatian Riesling. You shouldn't have drunk all yours, Bob. It's evolving into a really decent drink :
            Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• Originally posted by goldseal View Post
              Winexpert Ltd Ed Alsatian Riesling. You shouldn't have drunk all yours, Bob. It's evolving into a really decent drink :

ACK!

now you tell me
              N.G.W.B.J.
              Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
              Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• I'm drinking the 2009 Merlot..... it really is showing huge promise
                N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
                  I'm drinking the 2009 Merlot..... it really is showing huge promise
                  I'll save you a half-bottle
                  Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• Finished a glass of 2009 Tempranillo, and am now enjoying a Hot Buttered Rum.
                    Steve

Comment

• tonight i will be having a of my 2009 vintage Elderberry wine
                      a long with a pint or two of EDME lager.

Comment

• A bottle of Sainsbury's Kentish Ale.

Just a thought, but lots of the brewers seem to have their own version of Old Peculiar. Might be an idea for a competition at next years Grapefest or maybe as part of the VWC?

VWC Most Peculiar Competition? sounds right up our street

EDIT: Oh oh oh! I nearly forgot, I had a bottle of Crafty Hen, the 'premium' Old Speckled Hen. VERY nice it was too
                        Dutch Gunderson: Who are you and how did you get in here?
                        Frank Drebin: I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.
                        -Police Squad

Comment

• Originally posted by koomber View Post
                          Just a thought, but lots of the brewers seem to have their own version of Old Peculiar. Might be an idea for a competition at next years Grapefest or maybe as part of the VWC?

that would certainly be a possibility
                          N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• Originally posted by koomber View Post

EDIT: Oh oh oh! I nearly forgot, I had a bottle of Crafty Hen, the 'premium' Old Speckled Hen. VERY nice it was too
                            Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
                            that would certainly be a possibility

I'd find it a bit peculiar if I have any of my op clone left by grapefest time.

I too have some old crafty hen, although nice there is something about it to me that I don't find 'quite right' compared to osh. My osh clone is tasting fine, although a little cloudy when placed next to a commercial bottle..

Back on topic.. in my glass tonight is my OSH.

Comment

• A Glass of Ooooooh!

It's the vodka-and-sweeties stuff at this late hour. I have a small glass of new "black bomber" as I find myself calling it.

That's the recipe for ??? for a bottle of vodka plus 2 x bags of Fox's Dark sweeties. Hardly brewing though, is it. I reckon it does improve with time - probably sugars breaking down or something, but my plan is not to give it the chance to improve...

It's a super night-cap... strong but sweet. Teeth feel a bit rough in the morning though... Still, bottoms up, or as we say in Wales "Iechyd Da" (literally means good health) G'Night all... hic

Regards, Alun (jonesthephones)
                              P.S. Listen to my music on: www.youtube.com/jonesthephones

Comment

• Tonight....

Joe's Ancient orange Mead, now two years old....very nice indeed
                                N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Working...
                                X