Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mrs.G's 2008 Ciliegiolo - cracking. Better than any of my Grapefest 08 concoctions

Some semi-sparkling Seyval. Tasted a bit like flat lemonade mixed with battery acid, so that didn't go down too well.

Wine No.1 + Elderflower.

About half a dozen assorted commercial bottles.

I now have my first hangover of 2011. I made it all the way to the 9th
    Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• tonight i will have a bottle of my Rice and raisin wine
      and finish with a large glass of sloe Gin

Comment

• Pulled the pin on a fresh fire extinguisher of BlackRock Cider. Suggested aging is 5 weeks. Well...this is after 1 week (low stock after the festive season)

I will say the taste is very good, apple flavour really coming together compared to racking testers....just lovely over ice. The keg that'll age 6 plus weeks should be a real treat.
        Keep on Truckin

Comment

• Had a nice Bordeaux last night from Chateau Greysac. Only $13, too.

We also opened a friend's homemade Praline wine, which was quite tasty. I've been trying to get the recipe out of him for sometime now, but instead he just keeps giving me bottles and stringing me along. That's ok. I'll take the bottles, too.
          Steve

Comment

• Have to wown up, my glass is full to the brim of air, the boss wont let me near her wine.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernWiner View Post
              We also opened a friend's homemade Praline wine, which was quite tasty. I've been trying to get the recipe out of him for sometime now, but instead he just keeps giving me bottles and stringing me along. That's ok. I'll take the bottles, too.
              He's obviously scared you'll better him at his own recipe

Comment

• I said the boss not me (tribalfather a hint)

Comment

• Montepuliciano from Grapefest 2007...

finally....its becoming drinkable, smoothing out very well indeed.

great news as I have 24 gallons in the winery to bottle

should be fab in a year!
                  N.G.W.B.J.
                  Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                  Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Cantina Frascati which is a good wine although currently spoiled by the hideous amount of sulphite they supply with the kit (which I have put in it!). From now on for early drinkers I shall stabilise myself with half the amount normally used per gallon.

And a 2010 (december eeeek) christmas pudding wine, pretty good but needs more time and could of been backsweetened slightly more....

Comment

• Originally posted by billybuntus View Post
                      pretty good but needs more time and could of been backsweetened slightly more....
                      if its stabilised there isnt anything stopping you sweetening more....either by the bottle or by the glass

regards
                      Bob
                      N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
                        if its stabilised there isnt anything stopping you sweetening more....either by the bottle or by the glass

regards
                        Bob
                        I'm going to sweeten a glass tonight I've got around 10 gallons prepared for next christmas so I'll not fall foul again

Comment

• Even worst tonight, can only drink coffee--drive to harrogate in morning, for believe-- this years christmas decoration exhibition!!!!

Comment

• Gin...
                            Gordons of course....
                            But the daft strength stuff...47.3%...
                            Only a few, ish... .... but ...now the copious amounts of water ... just to make sure I can do anything tomorrow I hate hangovers
                            Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

• Originally posted by spritzer View Post
                              I hate hangovers
                              Dont go to sleep then.....

I keep telling you all...its sleep that causes hangovers!

N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• In my glass last night?

tons!

it was Ponte wine circle

I have a hangover this morning too, caused by sleep....I felt great before I slept (proof indeed , if any were needed)
                                N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Working...
                                X