Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have no idea even what a lychee is !

No, I ain't kiddin !!! Gonna google it.

REBEL MODERATOR

...lay down the boogie and play that funky music 'til ya die...'til ya die !"

Comment

• Originally posted by Hippie View Post
      I have no idea even what a lychee is !

No, I ain't kiddin !!! Gonna google it.

I am not sure I could make a wine out of lychee...
      I always think of eyeballs when the word lychee is mentioned...

Eyeball wine anyone ??
      Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernWiner View Post
        ...and no liver I hope.

Tonight I am drinking the '06 Cab again. Now I really need to put the rest of it away where I can't get to it for about a year.
        Well, I can PM you my address if you want ....
        Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

• Originally posted by spritzer View Post
          Well, I can PM you my address if you want ....
          Ah, too late. I almost got stuck in the crawlspace, but all four cases are now shoved way back behind about 20 other boxes... with the words "do not open until 2009" written in childish scrawl on the tops.

Ok, I left out two bottles.

But now I'm back to drinking the usual plonk tonight.
          Steve

Comment

• I too am having trouble finding space for all the wine. I have cut production way down this year. I actually haven't started any new wines this year. I have so much blackberry wine in cases that I am not using any of this years' crop for wine. I have started alot of blackberry liqueur with fresh berries in the past month. They are still ripening, and I may yet put some away in the deepfreeze.

'04 Blackberry in my glass tonight. Just a tad off-dry and very fruity with just enough American oak to know it is there. 11% abv. Very nice.

Last edited by Hippie; 09-07-2008, 06:17 AM.
            REBEL MODERATOR

...lay down the boogie and play that funky music 'til ya die...'til ya die !"

Comment

• Originally posted by Her Lushness View Post
              ...so how do you pre-order one? It's just up my husbands alley this, he'd be thrilled with it as a pressie for Xmas...
              phony Tony at Linbrew, he will sort it out for you (I should be getting a commission for this )
              N.G.W.B.J.
              Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
              Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
                phony Tony at Linbrew, he will sort it out for you (I should be getting a commission for this )
                ...yeah, but I've only got 2 ears, and one of them is still thick from the last time I mentioned you...

maybe I'll take the dogs with me, then they can get thick ears for me....
                HRH Her Lushness

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Comment

• N.G.W.B.J.
                  Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                  Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Tonight i am drinking a very nice bottle of Cava Jaume Serra Brut Nature that was left over from my daughters wedding. cheers!
                    Getting better with age just like wine

Comment

• Tonight it's a commecial red, Wolf Blass Eaglehawk Cab Sauv. It's much better than the yellow label version that I tried last time.
                      National Wine Judge NGWBJ

Secretary of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Society

My friends would think I was a nut, turning water into wine....... Lyrics from Solsbury hill by Peter Gabriel

Member of THE newest wine circle in Yorkshire!!

Comment

• Commercial wine here also. 2003 Castillo Labastida, an extremely fat and oaky Rioja. The tannins make my tongue feel like it's wearing a fur coat. Nice!
                        Steve

Comment

• An unoaked Australian Chardonnay EN Premier line a little young yet after three months but starting to show lots of promise,
                          http://www.winensuds.com/ Gotta love this hobby

Comment

• Cracked open a bottle of Rhubarb and Ginger that I made last year..
                            I had a little taste when I bottled it,and I cant say I was overly impressed.

But I am amazed at the difference 9 months has made to it.
                            At the time,I thought " I wont bother making this again " Now I wish I had made more....
                            I wish I was a glow worm
                            Cos a glow worm's never glum
                            It's hard to be unhappy
                            When the sun shines out your bum

Comment

• Originally posted by Zebedee View Post
                              Cracked open a bottle of Rhubarb and Ginger that I made last year..
                              I had a little taste when I bottled it,and I cant say I was overly impressed.

But I am amazed at the difference 9 months has made to it.
                              At the time,I thought " I wont bother making this again " Now I wish I had made more....

Care to share the recipe for that Rhubarb and Ginger? Sounds interesting.

Rich

Edit: In my glass tonight is the last bit of a Kenridge IceWine that I've just bottled. Tastes ok, It's very sweet!

Comment

• Opened a mead bottled about 2 months ago. I quite liked it when I sampled bottler's perks, and I know it's early day's yet, but curiosity got the better of me. It's just cheapo Lidl's honey with no twiddly bits, slightly on the sweet side and still a trifle raw, but give it another year and it's going to be a blinder!

Yippee! I've got 3 gallons of the stuff. (well less one bottle now)
                                Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

Working...
                                X