• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kampervan View Post
    well wine no1 + tayberry

light and refreshing and the wife likes as well
    I keep meaning to try tayberry.
    I bet thats a lovely addition for a wine 1 variant.
    Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

• green tea & ginger wine with our take out curry (bhindi bahji, saag aloo, veg vindaloo, muckla kebab, veg samosa, naan, mushroom bhaji, rice, popadom and fiesty pickles) followed by orange wine whilst making green tom chutney and oregano pesto both from the garden ... was a fun night in the kitchen and the living room while watching hitchhiker's guide. followed up by auchentoshan (with two small rocks) and laphroaig neat. ooooo could be heaven but for the lack of perfection!
      Last edited by ms67; 24-10-2009, 02:56 AM.
      To most people solutions mean answers. To chemists solutions are things that are mixed up.
      A fine wine is a fine wine, 1st time may be by accident, 2nd time is by design - that's why you keep notes.

Comment

• pass us some over OB
        “Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!”
        Groucho Marx

Comment

• oh no it's not! Oh yes it is! OOOOOOOOOOOOOoh no it's not .... it is ... not ... is ....
          Groucho Marx

Comment

• Had a wee bit of treat tonight. A number of beers have, I have to admit, passed my lips. The Bishops Finger was a little disappointing but one could get used to it; I just know you're making your own jokes up out there! The 1698 was really nice. The Black Sheep was fantastic but the top prize went to an IPA from Marstons called Old Empire; which was an absolute dream.
            Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by wisp View Post
              The 1698 was really nice.
              I do hope that was a typo

If it wasn't a typo
              Man... Your OLD

Last edited by spritzer; 29-10-2009, 11:09 AM.
              Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

• Nope, not a typo but the name of the beer

And yup, I'm old!
                Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by ohbeary
                  "Golden Glory" a very nice brew indeed, I wish I knew what hops they use!.
                  www.barleybottom.co.uk have a range of full mash kits on offer and I'm sure the owner Paul (username Reaper on here) was working on putting one together (if my memory serves me right)

regards
                  Bob
                  N.G.W.B.J.
                  Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                  Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Hi is on holiday till Nov 5th, but might be worth asking him upon his return
                    N.G.W.B.J.
                    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                    Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• couple of pints of Marstons' Old Empire. Slurp!
                      Groucho Marx

Comment

• 2007 Pinot Noir tonight.

After two years I can finally say I'm really happy with this wine. Which is good, because there is nothing worse than bad Pinot.
                        Steve

Comment

• I agree ... unless it's one of us novices get a wine that sticks, or doesn't work out or explodes.

Can you ship your bad Pinot to me please?

Groucho Marx

Comment

• Of course. If I happen to run across any bad pinot, I will be sure to pass it along.
                            Steve

Comment

• green tea & ginger wine in my glass. going down great with company and home-made samosas, aromatic spiced rice and sour chickpeas (tastes much better than it sounds) with home made green tomato chutney from our own toms..... now back to rehearsals for "the good life 2009"
                              To most people solutions mean answers. To chemists solutions are things that are mixed up.
                              A fine wine is a fine wine, 1st time may be by accident, 2nd time is by design - that's why you keep notes.

Comment

• 2008 apple & elderflower from scrumped apples processed at apple fest, a tad sharp due to high acid from some under ripe apples that me and the bro in law picked.
                                However the addition of 1 teaspoon of sugar per bottle really brings this on a treat and results in a crisp but pleasantly astringent wine.
                                Discount Home Brew Supplies
                                Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
                                Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
                                National Wine Judge
                                N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

Working...
                                X