• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wine#1 very young but very drinkable

Comment

• Rose D'Anjou

60% Grolleau
      40% Gamay

quite fruity but with a firm acid backbomne, very lively fruity rose (£4.99 at Threshers) worth the money In my opinion

Nice bottle....seems like the label will lift easily off
      N.G.W.B.J.
      Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
      Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Jacobs creek Riesling

won bronze medals at the Royal Hobart wine show and the Royal Adelaide wine show

shows the flinty tomnes of a Mosel Riesling, but a sharpness that shouldn't really be there, .......

it is full of CO2...what a dissapointment, it is masking the fruit, once degassed it is releasing the real boquet and flavour.

perhaps degassed it may have taken Silver, or even Gold
        N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• Gassy Becks for me tonight.
          National Wine Judge NGWBJ

Secretary of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Society

My friends would think I was a nut, turning water into wine....... Lyrics from Solsbury hill by Peter Gabriel

Member of THE newest wine circle in Yorkshire!!

Comment

• Red grape from supermarket juice, made it in january this year. good flavour but a bit cloudy, drinkable.
            Getting better with age just like wine

Comment

• A 2005 Hardy's South Australian Shiraz, very fruity, but, lacks tanin and any form of farewell, very gassy too, shocking at £8.00 a bottle.
              Followed by a Hardy's 2006 Cabernet Shiraz, this is absolutly exellent, fruity, full bodied red with astringent tanic finish, at a mere £5.00. Shock and awe, I think I'll stick to the Beaverdale Barolo
              Discount Home Brew Supplies
              Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
              Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
              National Wine Judge
              N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

• oooooooooo

commercial wines eh?

I'm drinking a Mosel Riesling (Auslese)

very gassy...almost saturated with CO2 (im thinking they are injecting CO2 to give it a fruit lift) however the CO2 is balancing well with the sweetness, a very nice effort, from Morrisons "something special" line

most enjoyable

flinty character (as you would epect from the Mosel) but a real richness and mouthfeel.
                N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• Just opened the second bottle of the Zinfandel/Petite Sirah blend from last year. Only a year old, but drinking very well for being so young. Juicy and jammy flavors, with a nice bit of spiciness. This was the first wine I put in my American oak barrel and will admit that when I bottled it, thought the oak was a little heavy, but it turned out to be just the right amount.

I need to make a big batch of this next year.
                  Steve

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernWiner View Post
                    Just opened the second bottle of the Zinfandel/Petite Sirah blend from last year. Only a year old, but drinking very well for being so young. Juicy and jammy flavors, with a nice bit of spiciness. This was the first wine I put in my American oak barrel and will admit that when I bottled it, thought the oak was a little heavy, but it turned out to be just the right amount.

I need to make a big batch of this next year.
                    I like the sound of that wine.

My friends would think I was a nut, turning water into wine....... Lyrics from Solsbury hill by Peter Gabriel

Comment

• The barolo that I wasn't soooo sure of to start with
                      Wish I had oaked it now
                      Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

• I got 14 month old quince wine here. I'm hoping the wind dont change cos my mouth looks like a cat's ****!!!! Might get stuck!
                        Everybody should believe in something; I believe i'll have another drink!

Comment

• Had a bottle of my kenridge Amarone last night. It's 1 year old now, Mostly bottle aged. Very nice but I wish I'd left it in a carboy on the oak cubes it came with a little longer It has an oaky taste but it's very faint.

Comment

• I found a DJ lurking in a cupboard yesterday, obviously put there to age as it had a safety stopper in it. Lovely golden colour but NO LABEL!

Anyhow, I bottled it and we drank the leftovers last night. It was so nice we opened another bottle and polished that off too.

Shame I don't know what it is as I'd definitely make it again.
                            Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

• Mami..send it to CSI..Grisam will know
                              Everybody should believe in something; I believe i'll have another drink!

Comment

• Send a sample to Bob Grisholm, he will tell you if you used grape concentrate.

Comment

Working...
                                X