X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by spritzer View Post
    I have just opened a bottle of Michelob
    I dont often drink lager these days... but I do like this one
    I like my porters and brown ales but do still drink my own lager once and a while.
    http://www.winensuds.com/ Gotta love this hobby

Comment

• Stella Artois for me tonight, too much wine over the last couple of days.
      National Wine Judge NGWBJ

Secretary of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Society

My friends would think I was a nut, turning water into wine....... Lyrics from Solsbury hill by Peter Gabriel

Member of THE newest wine circle in Yorkshire!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Richard_S View Post
        Stella Artois for me tonight, too much wine over the last couple of days.
        Tea, for the same reason
        Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• Lightweights...(mind you, I didn't stay all night drinking on Sat.)

Shared a bottled of Malbec with tonight's Spag bol. Then, we have some whiskey to sample again. Thanks Pete

Comment

• A very chilled glass of wine number 2
            Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

• Tonight I will sit down to the lager I made a couple months ago going to try a new way to carbonate hpoe this works.
              http://www.winensuds.com/ Gotta love this hobby

Comment

• A homemade Cabernet from NorthernWiner's Workshop.

It's going through a bit of a "dumb" period. I know all about this, as I often go through such periods myself.
                Steve

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernWiner View Post
                  A homemade Cabernet from NorthernWiner's Workshop.

It's going through a bit of a "dumb" period. I know all about this, as I often go through such periods myself.

Ditto
                  Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

• Tonight is a Private Reserve Gewurztraminer

what a fantastic effort (it's your Rich right?) left at my house after grapefest.

Crisp and clean on the palate, a subtle blend of acidity and spicyness. Rich and full on the palate (do I detect vanilla tones from white oak?)

a truly stunning effort.....is there any of this entered in Pontefract Open Show?

top notch stuff dude....well done, could easily be mistaken for an expensive commercial version. Im very very impressed.

regards
                    Bob
                    N.G.W.B.J.
                    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                    Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• hmmm
                      definately getting toasty oak tones...not vanilla ...perhaps medium toast french or hungarian oak?...very subtle though.....nice (can I have another please?)
                      N.G.W.B.J.
                      Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                      Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
                        hmmm
                        definately getting toasty oak tones...not vanilla ...perhaps medium toast french or hungarian oak?...very subtle though.....nice (can I have another please?)
                        I have a bottle as well, it's the stuff Rich wasn't sure of. Coffee tonight though cos I'm at work. Might try Rich's bottle tomorrow.
                        National Wine Judge NGWBJ

Secretary of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Society

My friends would think I was a nut, turning water into wine....... Lyrics from Solsbury hill by Peter Gabriel

Member of THE newest wine circle in Yorkshire!!

Comment

• Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
                          Tonight is a Private Reserve Gewurztraminer

what a fantastic effort (it's your Rich right?) left at my house after grapefest.

Crisp and clean on the palate, a subtle blend of acidity and spicyness. Rich and full on the palate (do I detect vanilla tones from white oak?)

a truly stunning effort.....is there any of this entered in Pontefract Open Show?

top notch stuff dude....well done, could easily be mistaken for an expensive commercial version. I'm very very impressed.

regards
                          Bob
                          Yup, that would be the bottle I left for you.. Glad you like it.

It was on some American medium oak cubes for 1 month. Not too many of them either. You can have another bottle I'm sure!

My plan is to make 5 gallons soon, then age them in separate demijons with slightly different tweaks. oak/glycerine/etc.

Tonight we're drinking a bottle of my sparkly wine, a basic ish no.1 wine, but it was overcharged for the secondary fermentation, so is a bit explosive! We haven't been disgorging it, just letting it settle upside then popping the cork out! Not made that mistake with this years elderflower sparkly!

Comment

• Well as I'm starting early tomorrow morning, this evening is a glass of fiery ginger ale to wash down the stilton and crackers I've just polished off for me supper

While the PC continues to do a mega (1.6 gig's) update/upgrade

Ho hum!

regards

JtFB
                            Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

• The glass of Beaverdale Barolo left over form today's bottling.

Thinking about opening a bottle of Richard S's tweaked Rioja.
                              Pete the Instructor

Comment

• 24 hours later, I opened that Rioja.

Superb. Love it. I bet my effort doesn't come close
                                Pete the Instructor

Comment

Working...
                                X