Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know what's in my glass tonight. It's French and I can't pronounce it.
    Steve

Comment

• Winexpert Selection Barolo that my buddy made (2004 or 2005 I think, but I lost the note).

Steve
      the procrastinating wine maker in the Niagara Region of Ontario Canada
      "why do today what you can put off till next week"

Comment

• A very nice glass of hardy's cabernet sauvignon

Comment

• A chilean cabernet sauvignon (2006 limited edition)

Karl and Richard_s took a bottle each home today.

I love it

very plummy, round fruit forward, peppery and with fantastically mouth filling velvety tannin structure.......

a joy to drink...some of this will be laid down

how you finding it boys?
          N.G.W.B.J.
          Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
          Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• I will get stuck into it when it has warmed up a tad more, might have to hurry it along a little.

Cheers Bob
            National Wine Judge NGWBJ

Secretary of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Society

My friends would think I was a nut, turning water into wine....... Lyrics from Solsbury hill by Peter Gabriel

Member of THE newest wine circle in Yorkshire!!

Comment

• yes...i popped mine into some warm water
              N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• Humph, I see I left a little too early for the free wine...

I've now opened a bottle of Syrah/Viognier. A Kenridge kit from last year. Very nice too.

Comment

• Nothing in my glass yet because it's only 3 PM here... but last night I had a Natale Verga Montepulciano. It was very inexpensive ($4.95), but tasty for the price.

I don't know how they can sell Italian wine so cheap here. You would think it would cost that much just to put it on a boat.
                  Steve

Comment

• We import Montepulciano grapes all the way from Southern Italy in refiridgerated transport (2,500 miles) and they cost £7.50 per box (20lbs)

where is the profit margin?
                    N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• Racked (and tasted) 50 litres of it from my barel today and it tastes yummy btw
                      N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• one word Steve subsidies.I am in a beer mood a nice brown ale mmm good can't wait for closing time.
                        http://www.winensuds.com/ Gotta love this hobby

Comment

• Tongiht, 've just opened a bottle of Heron Bay Cab Sav, from their 10L ish kit range. it has been oaked for a while too. My only thought is it seems a bit thin for a cab sav but it's nice anyway

Got a small sample bottle of black cherry port to open later too.

Rich

Comment

• Tonight I have a central valley Chilean Sauvignon Blanc (waiting till later to open it)
                            N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• Ok its open now...

Nice and crisp, good citrus notes, and tropical fruit too, long farewll.

nice ...and only £3.39 at aldi (was in buying grape juice)
                              Last edited by lockwood1956; 23-01-2009, 08:33 PM.
                              N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• Tonight, we've got a bottle of chilled Beverdale Piesporter. It's been in the bottle about 9 months, and it tastes quite good. Quite fruity really, this one has surprised me as it wasn't so good a while ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X