Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 White wine from the grapes, the start of vine of which is next door... its nice (but I've NO idea what the grapes are)

Comment

• Wine no 1. Siphoned off the demijohn without bottling. Good stuff.

Comment

• Tonight I have tasted some...

Of my blackberry and elderberry....
        Still a bit too young... But I do think it will be good

A glass of Cab Sav, that my friend gave me... I am not sure which make it was... will have to check with him.... but it is very nice...

And half a glass of the Heron Bay Micro Wine, Pinot Noir...
        I wish there was more left overs, than half a glass
        Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

• I'm having a Winexpert Yamhill County Pinot Noir I made in '06. Down to the last 3 bottles (although I have a case of '07 too)
          Steve

Comment

• tonight I am supping my first ever glass of homemade wine

It was a random sort of thrown together offering from a sort of guessed recipe before finding the board. It has cleared a treat on its own and is about 7 weeks old - It's clear and more of a rose than a red.

In the words of an unlikely wine taster - here are his notes. "Made from some weak looking grape juice yet it has turned out fruity with a hint of smug barsteward on the nose. There's a whiff of desperation and a distinct dollop of luck in there for it to have turned out this good."

I have no idea how strong or otherwise it might be - i'm guessing not very as I only used 8 oz of sugar. Nor did I own a hydrometer when I started it either

Comment

• Vine Cuttings 1993

Comment

• Originally posted by Mel View Post
                2006 White wine from the grapes, the start of vine of which is next door... its nice (but I've NO idea what the grapes are)
                Black Hamburg I reckon

Comment

• Had a few glasses of 08 sparkling pear, very good indeed.
                  Am now drinking a cheap Cantina Montipulciano 7 day kit, surprisingly this stuff is outstanding for such a young wine, to be honest I'm a little gobsmacked, it is a mere 4 weeks old and in my opinion rates very highly with wines such as Blossom hill, Jacobs Creek etc. Very smooth tannin, good fruity bouquet & flavour. For £28 for 30 bottles it's a winner and get's my thumbs up.
                  Discount Home Brew Supplies
                  Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
                  Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
                  National Wine Judge
                  N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

• Westons Cider Scrumpy, could only find the small bottles, 2 litre, so I picked up 2 of them, I was thinking about using the empties for fermenting or storing wine in but none of the bungs I have fit, any kind people know what size bung fits these bottles?

Last edited by Tuco; 28-02-2009, 02:07 AM.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Pronay;50882]Westons Cider Scrumpy, could only find the small bottles, 2 litre, so I picked up 2 of them, I was thinking about using the empties for fermenting or storing wine in but none of the bungs I have fit, any kind people know what size bung fits these bottles?

[/QUOTE

shave one to fit

Comment

• I tried that once before using a stanley knife and it just cut big clumps off
                        Last edited by Tuco; 28-02-2009, 08:29 AM.

Comment

• Yep - that's what I did and it works very well, always provided that you end up with a nice rounded end product of course.
                          Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

• Im thinking tonight I may do some racking and bottling, and bottle prep for the forthcoming "National"

so there will be lots of "samples" to be had
                            I'm thinking the apple/elderflower/barolo blend (medium rose) will take my fancy
                            N.G.W.B.J.
                            Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                            Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• likewise here too Bob - don't know about competition like

But I have around 35 gallons that needs bottling as i need the space!!

not looking forward to sanitising over 200 bottles - I reckon RSI will set in

Comment

• Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
                                Im thinking tonight I may do some racking and bottling
                                I was thinking of doing the same thing today. I have a comp coming up in April, and have 18 gals of Riesling and 5 gals Chardonnay ready to be bottled.
                                Steve

Comment

Working...
                                X