This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And soon it will be on the telly!

Still dont have a broadcast date, will ring them tomorrow.

tonight I'm drinking a commercial Pinot Grigio, and the sulphite levels are making me sneeze like crazy!
    Last edited by lockwood1956; 25-05-2009, 08:16 AM.
    N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Started with a Wine Art Riesling.

Now on the Magnum+ again.
      Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• A couple of pints of homebrew lager
        “Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!”
        Groucho Marx

Comment

• Again for me... the wine number 1
          I do love it..
          And I need to stop giving away my stocks of it... so I can keep up with myself
          Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

• Last night...half bottle of lychee (racking leftovers) and a bottle of sparkling apple and edlerflower....mmmmmm yummy
            N.G.W.B.J.
            Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
            Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• just finished bottling a tinned grapefruit that was sweetened up im not very keen on it but it was the leftovers so im afraid tonight its got to be drunk

Comment

• Started with a commercial Rosé Cava, then a bottle of Wineworks Superior Vieux Chateau du Roi, whilst watching a New Order concert on the telly.

Not bad at all.

The wine was OK too.
                Last edited by goldseal; 29-05-2009, 11:16 PM. Reason: Porblemms with myy spellig
                Pete the Instructor

Comment

• Chocolate raspberry port, outside in the sun, served with a pudding with lots of cream and chocolate.

Very civilised.
                  Pete the Instructor

Comment

• Tonight I'm having chocolate chip cookies with a big glass of milk.

Sometimes you have to satisfy the inner child.
                    Steve

Comment

• Beaverdale Barolo, bottled the other day, young, but tastes amazing, I'm letting the other bottles age a bit

Comment

• Called in on Duffbeer on my way up country today. He kindley donated a bottle of Rose sparkling wine and a bottle of Amarone.

The wife soon took care of the sparkly after it had cooled sufficiently. She let me have some of it, and it was very good. Home made sparkly still impresses me

I've started the Amarone, it's brilliant. Long while since I've had a commercial bottle, but it has a very raisin like taste, and is very more-ish. (read - I've nearly finished it all to myself!) I'd like to save the last bit till tomorrow, when I think I'll open a bottle of the Kenridge Amarone I made a while ago.

Cheers Karl!!

Comment

• Whats Amarone Rich? A type of wine? I've never heard of it, it sounds nice

Comment

• This is what Winexpert say about their Amarone kit.

Italian Amarone
                            Italian Amarone is a very intense and complex wine, with a wide array of flavours and aromas. Deep ruby red, this heavyweight wine exudes aromas of sour cherries, dark chocolate, stewed plums, dried fruits, anise, raisins, bitter almond, tobacco, leather and molasses, and has a spicy-earthy bittersweet finish that lengthens on indefi nitely from the huge volume of tannins. Delightful with food, Italian Amarone is often enjoyed by itself, sipped outside of mealtimes with good conversation and good friends.
                            National Wine Judge NGWBJ

Secretary of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Society

My friends would think I was a nut, turning water into wine....... Lyrics from Solsbury hill by Peter Gabriel

Member of THE newest wine circle in Yorkshire!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuco View Post
                              Whats Amarone Rich? A type of wine? I've never heard of it, it sounds nice
                              Yep it's a dry red with plenty of oaky character, this particular one is a 2007 Winexpert Limited Edition 18 months in the bottle, IMHO would benefit from another 12 to 18 months.
                              Discount Home Brew Supplies
                              Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
                              Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
                              National Wine Judge
                              N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

• Originally posted by Richard S View Post
                                This is what Winexpert say about their Amarone kit.

Italian Amarone
                                Italian Amarone is a very intense and complex wine, with a wide array of flavours and aromas. Deep ruby red, this heavyweight wine exudes aromas of sour cherries, dark chocolate, stewed plums, dried fruits, anise, raisins, bitter almond, tobacco, leather and molasses, and has a spicy-earthy bittersweet finish that lengthens on indefi nitely from the huge volume of tannins. Delightful with food, Italian Amarone is often enjoyed by itself, sipped outside of mealtimes with good conversation and good friends.
                                Well I can't top that old bean.
                                Discount Home Brew Supplies
                                Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
                                Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
                                National Wine Judge
                                N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

Working...
                                X