Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A wine #1 made with cranberry, in the words of Larry David "Pretty....prettty.....pretty good"

Comment

• Magnum+.

A bog-standard Magnum red, with Sangiovese skins from Grapefest 08.

Really fruity - a good 'summer' red.
      Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• Tonight......a beaverdale Barolo...bottled last weekend with the lovely M

this is defo the best pound for pound value kit on the market in my opinion
        N.G.W.B.J.
        Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
        Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Got to let the side down ... my feet and legs are giving me jip/gip [you choose ;O)] so it's a glass of Grants' that has been refilled a couple of times.

Damn I hate nights like this, but on the other hand, after a few whiskies, I can see the bright side of things!!!! ;O) lol

On the positive side, I've just bottled 23.5 litres of turbo cider and it tastes spot on! And at 8.74% I think there might be a few positive nights ahead. <big grin>

Do you know, I think I've found the right amount of mallarc acid to add, at last. Fingers crossed guys.
          “Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!”
          Groucho Marx

Comment

• Sipping on some 2008 Crab Apple/Raspberry tonight.

Comment

• that sounds like a lot of hard work but with great reward
              “Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!”
              Groucho Marx

Comment

• Leftovers tonight. Finished a glass of 2007 Winexpert Pinot Noir, and am now enjoying the last bit of leftover '08 Strawberry.
                Steve

Comment

• Tonight started with a Winexpert Italian Brunello, which is still young but very good, even this young!!

(there are four of us drinking..)

Followed by a bottled of Heron bay Cab Sav, (aged for about 18 months now, with a fair bit of oak) which is very good for a mid range kit.

Then, as that had gone pretty quick we had a bottle of Grenache '08 from grapefest. This was superb.. it too had a little oak whilst it aged.

Under pressure to open another I've chosen a Heron bay blue label Cab Franc/Malbec. This too is a year or two old, and is brilliant. maybe slightly gassy, but it's had a good shake, so the next glass is going to be even better.

Crap review, sorry. But I'm going to be shocked if it has no spelling mistakes either.. drunken keyboard and all that..

Comment

• A Beaverdale Merlot... that was bottled Feb 2008

Not quite sure how I managed to keep it that long
                    As this was not long after I started making wine...
                    But I will be deffo making some more when I can

Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

• Last night ... post-bottling bits and bobs.

A bit of tinned strawberry - not bad

A glass of Beaverdale California White - I leave the oak out of this one and it produces a noce clean, crisp drink

Apple & Raspberry, along the lines of Wine No.1 - OK, but made a note to leave it a couple of months
                      Pete the Instructor

Comment

• Weird Night

To start we had a cheeky glass of prosecco...
                        It came from Lidl.. and was quite nice...
                        Then we had a glass of an M&S Frizzante..Pinot Grigio...blush...

That was ok to...

But preferred the prosecco ....
                        Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

• I'm having a glass of Bolla Valpolicella. Light, fruity. I wasn't really in the mood for anything too heavy tonight, so this was perfect.
                          Steve

Comment

• The remains of Rich's 2008 Grenache.

Far better than mine, which is thin and tastes unfinished. This has improved under vacuvin for 24 hours, so I guess that means it needs to age further
                            Pete the Instructor

Comment

• Tonight started of with a glass or two of wine number one very nice and then rounded of with a nice glass of xmas pudd

Comment

• Drinking a wine No1 that is somewhere approaching one year old........

extremely nice

Bottled it for the blind taste tests for the one show tomorrow

it needs some more degassing, but Im leaving some CO2 in to give it a little fruit lift, as it is going up against some commercial wines
                                N.G.W.B.J.
                                Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                                Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Working...
                                X