This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does this count as 'later'?

Don't think I'll be joining in with the dancing, sorry. I'm a bloke (you know, the ones which stand around the perimeter of the dancefloor, nodding in time with the music).

Tonight I are be mostly drinking .....

Wine.

Assorted commercial stuff.

Plenty of ....
    Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• Bottle of commercial Malbec tonight, from Tesco, quite nice really. Good job there was no one to share it with

Comment

• (last night)

A rose wine (Yorkshire sunset) from the most Northerly commercial vineyard in England. Its run by the same people who run the vinehouse where I was yesterday buying new vines (Madeleine Angevine and Solaris) this is from their first harvest (2008) and it is worthy of note, in fact it has already won a bronze medal in the UKVA comp.

I also tasted their solaris wine , it has unfortunately sold out but I will be first in line next year.

The rose is a dry version, and a blend I believe of the solaris and Rondo vines they have planted, good acidity, and with good fruit expression nicely balanced, but for me a tad more acid would have been nice, but a wonderful portent of things to come from this new vineyard.

Ryedale Vineyards, nestled at the foot of the wolds, producing award winning wine and cider in Yorkshire. Award winning tours and events. A small family run business, located outside of Malton, York.

regards
        Bob
        N.G.W.B.J.
        Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
        Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• I am sure I watched a programme on tv about them recently- or somebody wanting to start a vineyard in Yorkshire. Were they the ones who were initially refused planning permission to build a winery?
          Telford Festival Entries Secretary / General Dogsbody

'Winemakers do it on the kitchen table!'

Comment

• Originally posted by Cariad66 View Post
            Will be up dancing later..who's joining in?
            Not much of a dancer here. If you ever catch me dancing it's prolly a good sign I've had WAY too much to drink.
            Steve

Comment

• Monumental hangover here. Right now in my glass is flat warm lemonade
              Everybody should believe in something; I believe i'll have another drink!

Comment

• A couple of glasses of some commercial Chianti or other. Early start tomorrow, and I need a rest after the previous two nights
                Pete the Instructor

Comment

• Just about to open a bottle of my pineapple blush ... lovely stuff. Have to be careful though, as too much of it and it turns into 'loopy juice'
                  “Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!”
                  Groucho Marx

Comment

• 2 yr old Yamhill County Pinot Noir

Hot Damn!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by kerosine View Post
                      2 yr old Yamhill County Pinot Noir

Hot Damn!!!!!
                      Nice! I have 2 of these left myself, and haven't had one for a long while now. I still have one left from 2006 as well.
                      Steve

Comment

• I couldnt bear opening a bottle of my wine I worked so hard to make, so opted to open a bottle of Magners Pear Cider.

Comment

• Last night at Bob's:

Bob's sparkly Trebbiano - very acceptable

My Sangiovese - promising.
                          Pete the Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by ohbeary
                            my dear fellow, you really need to knock up some ordinary supping plonk!! I have in confessional mode " had at the elderflower" its clear ok, so its fair game in my book
                            Not only that, but probably also needs a visit to the "taste bud shop"!

I haven't tried the pear magners yet, but I can say that normal magners cider is hideous! Absolutely foul stuff.

It wouldn't be so bad, but darrels in the Brighton area so all that's needed is a quick ride along the A27 towards Eastbourne, just east of Lewes is the incredible "Middle Farm" who boast about having the largest collection of Ciders in the country. Not sure how many, but usually 100+ and you can even taste them (little medicine measures) and buy them in any quantity from a pint to a keg!

But of course, nothing beats the taste of Traditional Oirish Coider! Traditional Irish Cider ? Since when ? Since some git with too much money after RoI tax breaks for business decided there was! - NOT!:launchpoo

Erm, as you can tell, I don't like Magners....... which is why I have a nice cold 66cl bottle of Becks in front of me (at least the Germans do have an extensive tradition for brewing beers!)

regards

JtFB
                            Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

• hmmmm ... didn't know this was a political forum but, what the hell!

Well I'm having a couple of pints of my dry irish stout and it's lovely.
                              Groucho Marx

Comment

• poor little pussy cat
                                Groucho Marx

Comment

Working...
                                X