This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wisp View Post
    you left a cheeky little red sitting on your rack for 6 months? All hail your will power!
    I know...
    A bit shocked and stunned myself
    Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

• “Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!”
      Groucho Marx

Comment

• Last night - a little Mango Surprise left over from bottling

(Rich, you're going to like it )
        Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• Originally posted by goldseal View Post
          Last night - a little Mango Surprise left over from bottling

(Rich, you're going to like it )

Excellent

I've put some half bottles in the car.. (empty though) will look for the half bottle of Dolcetto for you.

Comment

• I've a glass of Joe's ancient mead that I bottled in february, Wow, first bottle from this batch and it is fantastic!

Comment

• i have a elderberry and rhubarb rose going on tonight. its aturbo recipe i was given ages ago, fruit to wine and hangover in 3 months, i have 5 gallon spare which is for making into a champagne type liquid, bubbles for xmas i hope

for 1 gallon but i do 5 at a time as its easy to throw down the neck wine
              1 kilo rhubarb stems chopped up
              1 kilo sugar
              1 litre white or red grape juice
              200 gms/millilitres elderberries
              1 tea spoon citric acid

freeze and thaw the rhubarb and elderberries and drop in a bucket with the yeast and citric for 3 days, drain into demijohn add sugar till you get a check sg to be around the 1050 mark i like a low alc wine of 8% for this stuff as its my vin ordinair the ebberies make it into a rose colour or loose the elderberries for a white, i dont normaly bother with the sg check i just throw in a bag of sugar in that way every thing is just bags and cartons, fement down to 1010 or a bit less but not to dry for me, stop the ferment and leave a week to relax then add or filter to clear it bottle leave for a month and then drink, dont expect it to store or for that matter to last long as it goes down great. a simple and quick vin ordinair to try
              Wine from grapes is alright, but nothing beats the proper stuff to make wine with.

Comment

• Tonight Nia.... to toast your birthday
                I am have a cheeky little glass of SB...
                This one was a 7 day kit, Wine Buddy, I believe... and it has turned out to be a very decent quaffing wine.

Happy birthday Nia.
                I hope you have many more "toasts" to come

Carole
                Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

• Do you know what, we've had six daughters (one deceased) and the rest, at the moment, are arguing like no-one's business.

Mrs.Wisp took us both back to the 70s, when we met [aaah] and brought in 3 bottles of le piat d'or for £10. We have both really enjoyed them. Being a postmodernism graduate I am really into the places that memories, nostalgia and rose coloured glasses have to people.

Worked for us. You know, I really did, so did Mrs. Wisp, enjoy it. I love wines that are fun. I'm sorry Bob, I know you are looking for quality, and a number of others here; and I don't blame you, or others, for that - after all, that's how we learn.

However, this wine is like going out with one's partner, after 30 years of living together, and sprucing oneself up with Brut or Old Spice. Well, in my case I've been married 32 years and I've known Mrs. Wisp since 1974. Brut, Old Spice [cue Carmina Burana], Rump steak, Berni Inns and 'posh' wines like le piat d'or were all the go.

I thoroughly enjoyed it. Damn, I wish I had another bottle. Do you know what, its real value was the smile on Mrs. Wisp's face before she went to bed. She enjoyed it. Worth every penny.

“Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!”
                  Groucho Marx

Comment

• That's what wine is all about Wisp - if you like it, it's good wine

Last night - a bottle of some generic Rosé, followed by a bottle of my Fruit Cocktail i.e. adhoc recipe based on whatever was in the cupboards and freezer). Improving with age.
                    Pete the Instructor

Comment

• Last night I had a glass of "naked" Chardonnay. It took 1st place in all four of the competitions I entered this year, including an award of merit at our county fair.

I had all kinds of problems whilst making it (took 3 months to ferment, refused to clear, overdosed it on bentonite, etc.). Probably couldn't reproduce it again in a million years.
                      Steve

Comment

• I think back then most people thought MR was cool and sophisticated because of the shape of the bottle; and the only alternative was Ashe & Nephew's best [ye gods, I am showing my age ]
                        “Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!”
                        Groucho Marx

Comment

• Tonight I'm having a botrytised Chardonnay & Chenin Blanc blend that was made in a Sauternes style. I entered this wine in several competitions this year and, along with another homemade Chardonnay, took 1st place in every competition in which it was entered. It earned a perfect score of 20 in our state fair.

Sweet and acidic with notes of honey - very reminiscent of true Sauternes.

I wish I had made more. There were 15 bottles originally. I only have 8 left.
                          Steve

Comment

• Beaverdale Barolo + Grenache skins. About a year old now - getting good

Heron Bay Chardonnay - again, a year old (ish) - seems to be getting fruitier, developing a green apple smell - excellent
                            Pete the Instructor

Comment

• Cranberry Wine #1 earlier, now Hoegaarden, I love it

Comment

• Originally posted by ohbeary

Carl Orff's Carmina Burana is one of the most popular pieces of the classical music repertoire. Here the UC Davis Symphony Orchestra, the University Chorus a...

listening to this at the mo!, "Nice".
                                Nice

You're name wouldn't happen to be......Damien would it??

I kid, i kid

Comment

Working...
                                X