Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a glass of one of last years blackberry wines. 'twas a bit harsh some time ago, is now a grown up's wine, dry, astringent and delicious.
    And an amaretto nightcap .. from one extreme to the other, gotta keep my taste buds on their toes!
    To most people solutions mean answers. To chemists solutions are things that are mixed up.
    A fine wine is a fine wine, 1st time may be by accident, 2nd time is by design - that's why you keep notes.

Comment

• Since I had to top up the barrel anyway, I pulled out a glass of the 2007 Napa Valley Cabernet to taste. Awesome stuff! Honestly I think it's the best wine I've ever made. It's been barrel aging for 13 months and I thought it would be well-oaked by this time, but not even close. It just keeps getting better and better.
      Steve

Comment

• mint wine '09 (13%). Good stuff but not enough mint taste to notice it - and so defeats the purpose - next lot bottled will have a sprig of the stuff in it, just gotta decide on which homegrown variety of 4 to use. The previous years brew had a sprig in it at bottling, was very nice, noticeable mint, with a slight earthy taste.
        To most people solutions mean answers. To chemists solutions are things that are mixed up.
        A fine wine is a fine wine, 1st time may be by accident, 2nd time is by design - that's why you keep notes.

Comment

• Just opened a bottle of bilberry and elderberry, although only made in May it tastes wonderful, far superior to most supermarket reds. This is most definitely one to be repeated as a 30 bottle batch.

Comment

• A commercial Sav Blanc, half price from Tesco, along with a pile of home made honey-and-lemon roast chicken sandwiches and a green salad.

As someone who rarely cooks for himself, I can't begin to explain how good this tastes
            Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• Originally posted by koomber View Post
              Cup of tea. and then more tea. followed by bed.

I think I must have drank one of the off wines during the (ahem) wine tasting. Felt very bad this morning. Must have been something dodgy

no......

It's the sleep that causes it.....

you felt fine before you slept right?
              N.G.W.B.J.
              Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
              Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• ... and now a 2007 Mosel Riesling
                Pete the Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
                  no......

It's the sleep that causes it.....

you felt fine before you slept right?
                  The las tthing I remember is being very tired and singing...

In other news : A Belgian wheat beer and some VERY young Cab Sauv
                  Dutch Gunderson: Who are you and how did you get in here?
                  Frank Drebin: I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.
                  -Police Squad

Comment

• Originally posted by koomber View Post
                    The las tthing I remember is being very tired and singing...

In other news : A Belgian wheat beer and some VERY young Cab Sauv
                    You weren't fine before sleeping. You were on the big white telephone then.. hurling up into it

Comment

• Originally posted by Rich View Post
                      You weren't fine before sleeping. You were on the big white telephone then.. hurling up into it
                      That'll be the wheat beer.

And I would walk 500 miles, and I would HHHHHHHHWWWWWWWOOOOOOAAAAAUUUUGGGGHHHHH!
                      Pete the Instructor

Comment

• Elderflower quickie, enjoyment enhanced by the better half's obvious delight (we do like our elderflower wines).

Comment

• to night it's rice and raisin wine and EDME lager

Comment

• A commercial 2008 Chilean Cab Sav. Goes nicely with brie, and early 80s Simple Minds.
                            Pete the Instructor

Comment

• Balvenie Signature
                              not my usual single malt type, but it is delicious, and all the better for being a birthday gift.

Comment

• Tonight, I've a bottle of Lychee wine given to me by Koomber.

Very fine it is too.
                                Last edited by Rich; 06-10-2010, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X