Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was sorting out some stuff the other night...
    And found some Wine number one, made with red grape, that I forgot about
    (I found 4 bottles, that are almost 6 months old )
    So, thats what I am having tonight.
    Very nice, it is too
    Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

• they taste better when they've aged!
      “Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!”
      Groucho Marx

Comment

• I am having a glass of moo juice (milk) because the dr. told me not to drink on top of the antibiotic he prescribed.
        Steve

Comment

• Sorry to hear that you are unwell NW

But cheer up, when you're feeling better and off the meds ... the wine will be just that touch older!
          Groucho Marx

Comment

• Tonight, I am enjoying a drop of homemade strawberry, raspberry and vanilla wine and mrs.wisp has gone to get a couple of bottles [not much SR&V wine left] so that we can celebrate my daughter arriving home from Kenya in Africa. She's been out there for the last ten weeks working for Platform 2 [charity] and she looks and sounds as though she's thoroughly enjoyed it. We invited her to join us for a drink ... her answer was "You've got to be joking, I've got some 'going out' to make up!'"

She's already plotted the next 12 months. She's going to finish her degree and go out again next year. I think, if she can, she'd like to do a post-graduate course in teaching so that she could work out there all of the time.

She seems to have had a wonderful time. Her only mishaps were getting a Jigger flea burying itself into her toe [which could have been fatal, I'm informed, if it had not been spotted] and getting her purse stolen. The purse being stolen didn't seem to bother her at all. She bartered her clothes and trainers to get presents for the family; which she loved more than negotiating the price.

So welcome home Heather, we're all really proud of you ..... and your mum and myself will drink your health.

Now if ever there was an excuse to have a bevvy, this is it!
            Groucho Marx

Comment

• Well, I've just polished off a bottle of Apple n Elderflower courtesy of Bob, and jolly nice it was too, so thanks Bob!
              Last edited by Her Lushness; 16-10-2009, 10:38 PM. Reason: Is it one L or two L's in Polished?
              HRH Her Lushness

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Comment

• Drinking a lot of this and that tonight. Second night of WineFest!
                Steve

Comment

• Originally posted by Her Lushness View Post
                  Well, I've just polished off a bottle of Apple n Elderflower courtesy of Bob, and jolly nice it was too, so thanks Bob!
                  You are most welcome...I had a bottle of the same stuff....need to make more, only a few bottles left (note to self....scrump those apples today!)
                  N.G.W.B.J.
                  Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                  Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Last years Grenache tonight.

Previously I've really enjoyed this. Tonight it just doesn't seem that good. It's degassed, room temp. Just not really hitting the spot tonight. I'll have to finish this last glass so I can have something different tomorrow.

Did have some Syrah/Viogner blend (Kenridge ltd kit a couple of years back) Had a bottle of that earlier in the week and it was great.

Comment

• Last night : Zinfandel Rosé. Review here:
                      Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• Being a sharing type, I've opened another bottle of Syrah/Viognier from Kenridge showcase range and forced to drink it, just what you need after a day filtering and bottling!

Comment

• Well back to basics, drinking a wine # 1 and what a grand drop too, fresh crisp & clean, reminds me very much of a Sauvignon Blanc, maybe not as crisp as a sauv blanc, but not a bad call for a juice wine.
                          Discount Home Brew Supplies
                          Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
                          Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
                          National Wine Judge
                          N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

• I have a young apple and elderflower #1
                            I've been churning out some stunning wines but i have just realised I got complacent and stopped following the recipe..had a major brain fart..been putting in 1 carton of apple juice and 2 of the chosen juice!
                            Not sure where my brain was but MMMMMMMM nice wine!
                            Everybody should believe in something; I believe i'll have another drink!

Comment

• Modified wine No.1 + Gooseberry.

This is the one which got joint best-in-show at the first VWC comp, and this is the first time we have opened a bottle (to be honest I was worried it wouldn't be as good as I was told).

Even though I say so myself ......

I shall be making more of this. Soon.
                              Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• well wine no1 + tayberry

light and refreshing and the wife likes as well
                                http://www.iecomputing.co.uk
                                http://www.volksfling.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X