Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barolo+: Beaverdale Barolo with Grenache skins.

Just over a year old, JUST starting to get good
    Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• apple and elderflower ... sounds like a great combo ... got me thinking now ... pears, lychees mmmm i know what i'll be doing next spring if i have excess elderflowers
      To most people solutions mean answers. To chemists solutions are things that are mixed up.
      A fine wine is a fine wine, 1st time may be by accident, 2nd time is by design - that's why you keep notes.

Comment

• Originally posted by ms67 View Post
        apple and elderflower ... sounds like a great combo ... got me thinking now ... pears, lychees mmmm i know what i'll be doing next spring if i have excess elderflowers

I like your thinking . I was thinking about lychee with just a hint of elderflower.
        Pete the Instructor

Comment

• Pear and Elderflower is fantastic!

a way of making a nice medium version is ferment the pear to dry, stabilise and sweeten using a CWE (are they muntons now?) elderflower kit to an SG of around 1.008

1 can of CWE added to 15 litres pear wine is about right.

yum scrum
          N.G.W.B.J.
          Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
          Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• this one

N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• Tonight though.......

WE ltd edition Alsatian Reisling

top stuff
              N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
                Tonight though.......

WE ltd edition Alsatian Reisling

top stuff
                Good to hear. Ours has nearly finished fermenting. Late starter due to house move.

Comment

Errr, sure you don't mean this one, elderberry wouldn't do the trick
                  Discount Home Brew Supplies
                  Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
                  Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
                  National Wine Judge
                  N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

Pear and Elderflower is fantastic!

a way of making a nice medium version is ferment the pear to dry, stabilise and sweeten using a CWE (are they muntons now?) elderflower kit to an SG of around 1.008

1 can of CWE added to 15 litres pear wine is about right.

yum scrum
                    good tips ta, i feel i often have top notch ideas but lack the guidance to turn them into reality ... hehe i love this place! should things come together at spring time i'll try this, but as this year was my first try at elderflower wine - and i'm blown away by the result - it may have to wait some time yet. bleh maybe all i need is a little courage and a teaspoon of perseverence to go with your guidance. hmmm

anyway, just opened another bottle of beaverdale shiraz, same slightly not right taste as last bottle. tho after half bottle of another brew i'm sure i'll manage to drink it. i get a slight whiff of geranium i think and the cork is crumbly, so gonna rummage about WAH for some trouble shooting. very annoying, some bottles have been good and the rose as a second run was good too AND beaverdale kits shouldnt do this (never heard anyone else find this fault with them) so it must be my fault. Colour and clarity are great and that geranium is only fleeting and fades with breathing.
                    To most people solutions mean answers. To chemists solutions are things that are mixed up.
                    A fine wine is a fine wine, 1st time may be by accident, 2nd time is by design - that's why you keep notes.

Comment

• What WILL be in my glass tonight.....

A bottle or 4 of my 'Summer Ale' (quite well received at Grapefest 09) whilst watching ITV4 tonight - Hopefully the non league boys can cause an upset!! (Rochdale Vs Luton Town FC - FA Cup 1st Round Replay. 7:30 pm, ITV4)

C'MON U HATTERS!!!
                      "There are 10 types of people who understand Binary; those that do and those that don't.........."

Comment

• Bells and ginger ale [Canada Dry]
                        “Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!”
                        Groucho Marx

Comment

• Decaf coffee
                          Pete the Instructor

Comment

• Some very apple-y apple wine.
                            Steve

Comment

• Whisky tonight. I've a Glenlivet Nadurra and still got some Caol Ila left

Comment

• Beaverdale Sauv Blanc

very quaffable it is too
                                N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Working...
                                X