This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coffee (with a cheeky Baileys in it)
    Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

• Various. Goodnight
      Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• elderflower wine, orange wine, mint wine, limoncello and great company
        To most people solutions mean answers. To chemists solutions are things that are mixed up.
        A fine wine is a fine wine, 1st time may be by accident, 2nd time is by design - that's why you keep notes.

Comment

• Beaverdale Barolo with Grenache skins. Must be good - I managed to answer quite a few questions on University Challenge .

The last of the Tesco White Port.

A half bottle of Simple Mead. Beginning to taste good (after 18 months), but the smell is still a bit offputting.
          Pete the Instructor

Comment

• Some fizzy water, a cup of tea and a microwave meal for ding! Yep, i'm on a night shift again1 :-(
            A day without wine is a day without sunshine!

Comment

• some very young rasberry wine...my first ever attemt...drinkabe but more a case of curiosity all good fun!!

Comment

• Varkenshaas for dinner paired with a nice Riesling.
                Steve

Comment

• Nothing yet but give it another hour get the little one of to bed and a nice glass of Lavender wine no1 in front of a roaring open fire

Comment

• Originally posted by Darren View Post
                    Nothing yet but give it another hour get the little one of to bed and a nice glass of Lavender wine no1 in front of a roaring open fire
                    Lucky sod. I'm about to head for Northwich, to spend the night in a Premier Inn . I have an early start tomorrow, so no alcohol for me.
                    Pete the Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernWiner View Post
                      Varkenshaas for dinner paired with a nice Riesling.

Sounds good

Comment

• apple grape rasp a don simon juice not as good as the asda one prefer white grape juice, but wife thinks ok, bonus
                        http://www.iecomputing.co.uk
                        http://www.volksfling.co.uk

Comment

• Our wine club had their annual holiday banquet last night, so I got to taste some very nice commercial wines that were picked (by our wine steward) to pair with the food that was served. I thought some of the pairings were interesting.

For the opening course, we had various starters (cucumber rounds with salmon, artichoke spread, crudites) served with an Italian Prosecco.

Soup was cream of wild mushroom with Domaine Pichot Vouvray (Chenin Blanc) - an excellent value wine. This pairing worked very well.

Entree was grilled lamb loin chops with potato gratin and asparagus. It was served with Kaesler Stonehorse Shiraz, an Aussie wine with 15.5% alcohol. I thought the alcohol level of the wine was little overpowering.

The salad course was spinach with apple, strawberry, walnuts, and gorgonzola. This was paired with Chateau Ste. Michelle Dry Riesling, an American wine. This pairing also worked well, although the wine itself had very little nose.

Dessert was Italian Cream Cake paired with Chateau Fayau, a Sauternes-type wine from Cadillac, France. This is a superb value wine if you like Sauternes. They can't call it that because of where it's made, but it is exactly the same wine.
                          Steve

Comment

• Beaverdale Barolo for me.....

very quaffable indeed
                            N.G.W.B.J.
                            Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                            Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• A M&S commercial Chardonnay - perfectly OK.

A bottle of Jam wine - loads of nose, but a little underwhelming otherwise (but almost free to make, which was nice )

A bit of Beaverdale Pinot Grigio left over from bottling. This was an experiement with treating the tap water prior to fermentation - TOTALLY different result to the untreated version. More in due course when I have learned more.
                              Pete the Instructor

Comment

• wine no1 with 2 star anisse, after 1 year lovely, will def make again.
                                http://www.iecomputing.co.uk
                                http://www.volksfling.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X