This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by goldseal View Post
    In fact I was thinking about sticking it in the next VWC comp, but I'm not sure if it is 'big' enough for a dessert wine.
    then label it as a sweet white citrus

that is the beauty of VWC comps, you don't have to fit into a pre determined criteria, the wine is simply judged against itself
    N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Tonight we will be drinking some of M's Alsatian reisling that we will be bottling, and followed by a bottle of my 06 cab/merlot blend

mmmmmm
      N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• I guess I'm officially on a Spanish kick. I went to the wine shop last night and came away with 3 Spanish and 1 Portuguese wine. All were around $10 (£6).

Tonight we're having a Monastrell (aka Mataro or Mourvedre) from the Yecla region.
        Steve

Comment

• I love mouverdre.....

kenridge did a ltd edition kit, i have 5 gals bulk ageing (2.5 years old now)
          N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• Well, the best laid plans and all that.....

we didn't bottle anything!

we ended up drinking my 06 blend of Nero D'avola/grenache/merlot it really is coming ito it's stride now
            N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• We had a bit of a Christmas do in town last night. A pint of Weston's cider followed by an unknown number bottles of (alleged) Pinot Grigio.

Feeling sub-optimal now, so I'm ingesting as much tea as possible.
              Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• a rare occurance a bought bottle, well free with hamper we won. clancys was very good. just like to say all the best and merry xmas to all
                http://www.iecomputing.co.uk
                http://www.volksfling.co.uk

Comment

• Whisky night tonight..

Coal Ila, Glenlivet Nadura, A special Springbank, Laphroaig quarter cask.

All going down quite nicely. Also got a bottle of chocolate port from M&S for a fiver today, tastes very nice and inspired me to get a bottle of my choc rasp port in for the weekend

Comment

• Warm drinks on Christmas Eve, whisky and port; not in the same glass though!
                    “Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!”
                    Groucho Marx

Comment

• nice one rich, my whisky nights are more peaty/smokey like Laphroaigh, Talisker, Lagavulin, Ardbeg etc. but tonight i tippled the Auchentoshan after me and the better half had shared a bottle of elderflower and orange with our dinner. nice to see whisky talk here . The Auchentoshan was a heads up from my Dad, very nice it is too, especially after a sweet floral/aromatic wine. whisky done the Irish way by the Scots? or perhaps there are some Irish folk out there who would like to remind us that their home is actually the home of whiskey - regardless of the spelling!
                      To most people solutions mean answers. To chemists solutions are things that are mixed up.
                      A fine wine is a fine wine, 1st time may be by accident, 2nd time is by design - that's why you keep notes.

Comment

• Appologies, I have been tardy ...

Christmas Eve:
                        Over at the neighbours - their Namaqua white. It is perfectly good for the equivalent of £1 a bottle. I took a commercial Riesling - £6 well spent

Christmas Day:
                        Stated with an anonymous but perfectly palatable (for 10am) sparkling rosé.

Pub - multiple pints of .... errr.... various.

Pre-lunch - a Wine No.1 made with Welch's Purple Grape juice - I'll be making more

Lunch - a Sangiovese from grapefect 08. Yum

Post-lunch - the first 1/2 bottle of Chocolate Raspberry Port. Scarily drinkable at this early stage but I have to be careful - only 59 more 1/2 bottles left
                        Pete the Instructor

Comment

• Pineapple wine, and very nice it is too.
                          “Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!”
                          Groucho Marx

Comment

• We cracked open a 12-year old Barolo tonight. Not the best I've had, but definitely very good.
                            Steve

Comment

• Nothing last night - didn't really fancy any to be honest
                              Pete the Instructor

Comment

• Nowt for me either...
                                Having a alcohol free few weeks
                                Although, I know, this will probably be forgotten, after a busy backshift
                                Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

Working...
                                X