Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A 2009 cranberry mead, very light and quaffable.

Comment

• 2007 Louis M. Martini Cabernet. I am impressed. A cheap (£8) but wonderful wine.

I've been reading how 2007 was a banner year for California wines - even the inexpensive ones - and this one seems to prove the point.
      Steve

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthernWiner View Post
        I've been reading how 2007 was a banner year for California wines - even the inexpensive ones - and this one seems to prove the point.
        pm'd you for a cali wine tip please

in my glass, pineapple wine number 1, loving having an easy drinking, good tasting, fast brewing & maturing, cheap and easy to make wine.
        To most people solutions mean answers. To chemists solutions are things that are mixed up.
        A fine wine is a fine wine, 1st time may be by accident, 2nd time is by design - that's why you keep notes.

Comment

• Merlot tonight
          Sorry.. I cant remember who made it.
          Actually, I made it.... but cant remember, which brand, if you know what I mean
          I just know, I am drinking it
          Its been a long working week for me
          All done now
          Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

• I'm drinking the 04 fruit cocktail for a 2nd night in a row, very smooth stuff, (I was worried it may have gone past it's best....but it hasn't)
            N.G.W.B.J.
            Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
            Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• 2008 beetroot wine.....it is not smooth, it is not subtle, but by God it is strong!

Half a bottle and it feels like I have been hit with a sledgehammer.

Not that I have been hit with a sledgehammer, you understand but this stuff should have a health warning
              Alcohol causes you to forget things, and some other stuff I don't remember!

Comment

• Fresh gooseberry from Sept 09, a tad sharp & acidic, think it needs blending, hmmm down the cellar to look for something else I think.
                Discount Home Brew Supplies
                Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
                Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
                National Wine Judge
                N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

• For those of you unsure as to what happens next.....

Karl will bring another wine up from the cellar, blend it with the gooseberry, make a drinkable wine, and then drink both bottles
                  N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• Just kidding..

but it is a great opportunity to experiment when you open a bottle you arent keen on........NEVER throw it out, even if you re-cork it and bung it in the fridge to experiment with later, it's amazing how a few "tweaks" can recover a lost wine
                    N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• Tonight I'm drinking a Commercial Pinot Grigio (Linotti....half price at Tescos...£4 )

feels a bit like a gooseberry wine, really quite sharp, and not degassed
                      N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
                        I'm drinking the 04 fruit cocktail for a 2nd night in a row, very smooth stuff, (I was worried it may have gone past it's best....but it hasn't)
                        You weren't drinking at 8am were you?
                        With Grape flavour comes grape responsibility

Comment

For those of you unsure as to what happens next.....

Karl will bring another wine up from the cellar, blend it with the gooseberry, make a drinkable wine, and then drink both bottles
                          Correct indeed Sir, the blending is fun, though I don't need an exuse for the second bottle I think the Gooseberry is probably OK, but I had a Greggs pastie earlier & it's playing havoc with the old stomach acid/heartburn, a teaspoon of precipitated chalk should do the trick...

Though it tastes awful
                          Discount Home Brew Supplies
                          Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
                          Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
                          National Wine Judge
                          N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

• Originally posted by Duffbeer View Post
                            Though it tastes awful
                            the wine?
                            the Pasty?
                            or the Chalk?
                            N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• Mmmmm.... pasties. Best hangover food there is.

It's not officially "tonight" yet here, but a work colleague traded me a couple of bottles of Ridge Zinfandel for two of my homemades (sucker! ). One of them will definitely be in my glass tonight.
                              Steve

Comment

the wine?
                                the Pasty?
                                or the Chalk?
                                A chalky pasty wine? no wonder it'll need blending. Maybe a peppery tomato sauce wine would go well with it.

Just some Bernard dark lager in my glass tonight.

Comment

Working...
                                X