Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sampled the rose petal and bottled it.

quite something, like elderflower you just can't compare it to anything else. for me i predict an acquired taste. i can imagine for other's it's a marmite love/hate thing (could be wrong tho). I like everything about it except the tickle in my throat - the colour is uber - but i have it on good authority that LJ or citric acid "cures" this. So i'll be trying again cos this was nearly dry turkish delight in a glass.
    To most people solutions mean answers. To chemists solutions are things that are mixed up.
    A fine wine is a fine wine, 1st time may be by accident, 2nd time is by design - that's why you keep notes.

Comment

• The Glenlivet 18yr old tonight.

On offer at Morrisons.

Comment

• Last year we nearly had an 09 Lychee, but the aroma given off was not Lychee, more like swinning pool.

After a bit of research this appears to be one manifestation of TCA. If so, this is the first one I have had. I have another bottle from the same batch in the fridge - fingers crossed
        Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• It'll be gin and ginger beer as soon as I finish typing this

Hey ho!
          Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

• Opened a bottle of Amarone that's really for Sunday dinner tomorrow, Tastes ok, should be very good tomorrow, (from Costco..)

Racking off night tonight, and filtering ready for a morning of bottling tomorrow. So, got glasses all over the place (settling, need to drink through teeth to avoid the bits) from the dregs of the carboys. Merlot and Cili '09, and a Shiraz kit, and a Cab sav kit. What doesn't get drunk this eve will go tomorrow when it's settled! Bottle tree is full of sanitised bottles, Corker is at the ready. Soon have space on the bench for more. Now, off to browse HWS

Also, racked off my lemon/lime cello, tastes well good. Put it in small 185ml bottles so it may last more than a week
            Last edited by Rich; 19-06-2010, 11:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rich View Post
              Now, off to browse HWS
              That's an expensive pass time
              With Grape flavour comes grape responsibility

Comment

• 2006 Monte Antico Toscana Sangiovese-Merlot-Cabernet blend. Wow. This is hands down the best 10 buck wine I've ever tasted.
                Steve

Comment

• Another Lychee from the same batch as the corked bottle. This one is fine.

Folloowed by a 2008 cabardes. Really good, peppery liquorice sort of thing
                  Pete the Instructor

Comment

• Spent the last week in California drinking a lot of different wines.

Tonight I am drinking beer.
                    Steve

Comment

• A wine tasting at a local bar last night so, like Steve, lots of different wines. Nothing I would run out and buy though
                      Pete the Instructor

Comment

• A bottle of Miller....
                        My ears feel like they are bleeding, after a busy night at work.
                        Tis nice to have a quiet 10 mins now
                        Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

• 1 Pint of Greene King IPA (Always a Pleasure)
                          1 Pint of Black Sheep Ale (New to me. A Pleasure to drink)
                          1 Pint of Waggle Dance (meh).

Tonight I'm going to try and source some Bredog in the rmeote north of Scotland (more remote than the Brewdog brewery!).

Having a Brewdog fest in honour of my old flatmate who is head brewer there
                          Dutch Gunderson: Who are you and how did you get in here?
                          Frank Drebin: I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.
                          -Police Squad

Comment

• After some boiler truamas......

(good job I got that new one fron Lidl)

my Pils is finally on to boil...

only need to boil for 90 mins, cool and pitch yeast, then I can neck the IPA sat waiting for me
                            N.G.W.B.J.
                            Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                            Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• brandy and ginger ale (pint glass) which is just excellent, after a hot afternoon sitting watching Harlequins RL Vs Wigan at The Stoop (unsurprisingly, Wigan won), followed by the drive back and F&C's for nose bag.........

regards

jtfb
                              Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

• Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
                                After some boiler truamas......

(good job I got that new one fron Lidl)

my Pils is finally on to boil...

only need to boil for 90 mins, cool and pitch yeast, then I can neck the IPA sat waiting for me
                                Hope it all goes well for you with the lidl boiler. Could you let me know how you get on? Are you using any modifications to the standard boiler as there has been a lot of discussion on JBK about them.
                                Dutch Gunderson: Who are you and how did you get in here?
                                Frank Drebin: I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.
                                -Police Squad

Comment

Working...
                                X