X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by goldseal View Post
    Lemsip

Feel absolutely rotten - not normal Man Flu this time.

Looking forward to a 200 mile drive to the Sevenoaks area in a couple of hours
    It will be volcanic ash flu...
    There are a few in my work that have it
    Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

• Originally posted by goldseal View Post
      Lemsip

Feel absolutely rotten - not normal Man Flu this time.
      I feel your pain Pete......

I have it too (it would kill a woman, for sure )
      N.G.W.B.J.
      Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
      Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• “Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!”
        Groucho Marx

Comment

• Had an interesting comparison the last couple of nights: new world vs old world Malbec. The new world bottle was from Argentina and the old world from Cahors, France.

I have to say that the first night, I liked the Argentine version better, however, by the second night the Cahor Malbec had opened up and was much improved.
          Steve

Comment

• Tonight:

A 2009 Giordano winery Sicilian chardonnay

Quality Italian wines available direct from Giordano. The best regional red wines and white wines, plus authentic food and wine hampers and gift baskets.
            N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• This one

Quality Italian wines available direct from Giordano. The best regional red wines and white wines, plus authentic food and wine hampers and gift baskets.

bought a 15 bottle case from them, mixed reds and whites (£59 including shipping from Italy)
              N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• Tonight we're drinking an '07 peapod. It's very smooth and very more-ish. Will definitely make again this year.

The added joy is it costs next to nothing to make
                Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

• A Cheapo Red Merlot from Morrisons. I do like the name: Good Italian Red

I did sample some of my wine number 1. I had to take it to my neighbour. I thought it tasted good. REALLY good. I'm glad it was a small glass lol. Otherwise we both would have gone round to the other neighbours to double check.

It's not that I doubted you Bob, but it REALLY is a corker!
                  Dutch Gunderson: Who are you and how did you get in here?
                  Frank Drebin: I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.
                  -Police Squad

Comment

• N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• A Heron Bay Micro-Winery Cab Sav.

Update here:
                      Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• ... just me then

Nothing until next Saturday for me. I have been persuaded to race a kart next Friday, for the first time in about 10 years. Oh, i was 2 stone lighter too.

Crash-diet time - I'm living on salad
                        Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• Salad all week.. Yummy. :O

Think I have 1 bottle of the Heron bay Cab Sav left. It was very good while it lasted! Several of the Gurty Heron Bay left, they're good too.

Seem to have a tickling cough the last couple of nights, so seeing if some Aberlour a'bunadh can solve it, neat. It's not worked so far, I'll keep trying.

Did taste the Black Cherry port earlier, it tastes very good this month. Not too brandy like, and a hint of vanilla. Quite chuffed.

Comment

• For the last couple of weeks my wife, myself and all our friends & family have been drinking Chardonnay and Pinot Noir from our first harvest. Being my first serious attempt at wine making I have been very surprised at the reaction (we were all expecting battery acid), it really is jolly good.
                            Just got to keep the wife away from the rack now . . .

Comment

• @Clayhill, that sounds very interesting, how many vines have you got in, and how long you been growing them?

Tonight, I've shared some Sangiovese from grapefest '08 and then a bottle of Dolcetto from last year. Both were excellent. Along with an impromptu BBQ! The sun is still shining here!

Comment

• Planted 15,300 vines in 2006 . . . by hand!

Won't be doing that again . . .

Comment

Working...
                                X