• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sangria tonight.
    Steve

Comment

• Originally posted by clayhill View Post
      Planted 15,300 vines in 2006 . . . by hand!

Won't be doing that again . . .
      Respect!!

I've been having a good old moan about planting 6 (shortish) rows of potatoes
      Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

Planted 15,300 vines in 2006 . . . by hand!
        When you say "by hand" you don't mean with a spade and posthole digger, do you?

Good lord.

I have a couple dozen vines and I rented a powered auger because it seemed too much work to dig even that many holes.
        Steve

Comment

• Yes . . . by hand . . . with spade . . . 8" deep.

At one point we had about 20 people working with us, and we managed to plant them all in 3 weeks.

As I said, won't be doing that again . . .

Comment

yes . . . By hand . . . With spade . . . 8" deep.
            respect
            “Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!”
            Groucho Marx

Comment

• Trying a couple of glasses of my carrot wine. Obviously it's far too young, it's only been bulk aging for 2 months, but it tastes quite nice. I was quite surprised as I was expecting it to taste like beeohelleelleohseekayess, as J says , after reading Bob's comments about how much he loves carrot wine.

I think I'll be bottling it in the next day or two as I need the fermenting bucket. Truth be told, I was bottling it tonight/last night when I was syphoning some off; in case it was so bad it was going to be used to clean the drains . It's okay, I have hopes for it.
              Groucho Marx

Comment

• last night a Talisker night-cap
                tonight a pomegranate number 1
                To most people solutions mean answers. To chemists solutions are things that are mixed up.
                A fine wine is a fine wine, 1st time may be by accident, 2nd time is by design - that's why you keep notes.

Comment

• last year's wild blackberry, fruitiness improving, acidity ... still plenty but as the wine is coming together the acidity is becoming less of an issue. tonight it went down well with rich and fatty food.
                  To most people solutions mean answers. To chemists solutions are things that are mixed up.
                  A fine wine is a fine wine, 1st time may be by accident, 2nd time is by design - that's why you keep notes.

Comment

• Finished the crash-diet yesterday, so we opened a commercial Rieling Gewurztraminer last night. Very nice
                    Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• Opened the first post-bottle shock '09 Pinot Noir. When I first bottled it, I wasn't sure if I liked it or not, but it has definitely evolved. Probably won't open another until 6 months from now.
                      Steve

Comment

• A very young MFK. Not for pleasure, you understand, just checking how it is coming along. It tastes promising, but I made sure I didn't enjoy it at all
                        Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• A glass of the hint of strawberry number one wine I made...
                          I am not sure that the strawberries were even in the same postcode with this one, let alone the same DJ....
                          Still drinkable...and very quaffable, but not strawberry in any way
                          Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

• I'm supping a wee bit more of my carrot wine. I have kept sneeking jugs of the stuff out of the 5 gal container, so I'm presuming it's oxidised ... damn, I'm going to have to drink the darned stuff!
                            Groucho Marx

Comment

• I opened a 375 ml bottle of '09 Syrah tonight out of curiosity. When Bob was here in December, we took a taste out of the barrel. At that time the tannin was strong enough to strip enamel from your teeth. I'm happy to say that it's softened up somewhat, but it's probably still a good three or four years away from being drinkable.
                              Steve

Comment

• 2006 McGuigan Shiraz
                                2003 Vina Albali

Comment

Working...
                                X