No announcement yet.

The one show!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ive been out all evening, but just watched it on Iplayer. Was very impressed. Got to be good for the hobby. Well done.

Comment

Hopefully, This will work

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Nice one rich i thought it was a good piece well done Bob

Comment

Well done Rich, the link worked excellently and got the article "down to a T"

Although I thought Bob's contribution excellent, I'm still rather disappointed on the dismissive attitude that they give it with the cuts and edits....

Plus I thought that particularly in the current economic climate, the bloke from the Leeds HBS hit the nail on the head in pointing out the economic advantages of brewing it yourself.

What I didn't really get was LS's apparent insistence on comparing Bobs effort to a commercial brew - if the "test" bottle was "No 1", then it's got more than just grape juice in it hasn't it, so it's really not a comparison. It would have been better to compare a wine type that wasn't what she was familiar with - like a commercial one and something from last years grapefest - or even better, something from last years grapefest and a commercial one from exactly the same grape... that at least, would have been a true test/comparison......

Hey ho! I suppose you can't win them all and as they say, any publicity is good publicity!

regards

JtFB
          Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Okay, I'd guess "secret Wingman" is probably Biggles, but who's "Virtual Sam Smith"?

I'm PsychoDame by the way!
            HRH Her Lushness

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Comment

Originally posted by Her Lushness View Post
              Okay, I'd guess "secret Wingman" is probably Biggles, but who's "Virtual Sam Smith"?

Not hard to guess who I am
              Alcohol causes you to forget things, and some other stuff I don't remember!

Comment

Your 'super' today then Wurz ?
                Discount Home Brew Supplies
                Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
                Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
                National Wine Judge
                N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

Originally posted by Duffbeer View Post
                  Your 'super' today then Wurz ?
                  Had to add the "super" on to get the user name excepted.

Me? I am always super
                  Alcohol causes you to forget things, and some other stuff I don't remember!

Comment

Well done Bob, you never troubled the bleeping machine once. I think things went rather well, right up to the point where Norton opened his trap. It would have been interesting if Oz Clark had been on the show.
                    National Wine Judge NGWBJ

Secretary of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Society

My friends would think I was a nut, turning water into wine....... Lyrics from Solsbury hill by Peter Gabriel

Member of THE newest wine circle in Yorkshire!!

Comment

Of course what you need to do to promote home winemaking is to approach someone like Oz Clark, or the wine industry and either laying down a challenge or with the view to making a documentary, written article for the wine magazines, etc on home winemaking. Perhaps in the context of how home brewing is not c**p anymore.

personally I find the grape growing among you the most interesting topic, and why you all do it. I think it would make a reasonable series even for reality TV.

after all we have seen plenty on microbrewerys, Oz and James, the chocolate maker... why the heck not?

Now I know thats almost impossible for the mainstream, but perhaps discovery channel or similar, uk food..... you know.

all you need is a celeb, and some funds to produce it and the passion that you want to do it. there is always sponsorship of course where funds are concerned.

just a thought.

Comment

Didn't Rory McGrath have a programme a few years back about homebrewing? I keep telling people i know to give it a go but nobody bothers trying, maybe they think its too difficult? I must admit i couldn't believe how easy making alcohol was when i first started.

Comment

Originally posted by Her Lushness View Post

Doesn't surprise me
                          I wish I was a glow worm
                          Cos a glow worm's never glum
                          It's hard to be unhappy
                          When the sun shines out your bum

Comment

Originally posted by danpug View Post
                            Didn't Rory McGrath have a programme a few years back about homebrewing? I keep telling people i know to give it a go but nobody bothers trying, maybe they think its too difficult? I must admit i couldn't believe how easy making alcohol was when i first started.
                            Yes you are right but the name escapes me, and if I remember it only covered beermaking... which I think is far harder and needs much more kit

I think folk think its easier to make beer than wine... and thats is where they go wrong, probably because it takes wine so long to age.

without the great advice on this website I too would have found winemaking tough going as the internet and out dated books cloud the way to make wine with all kinds of misleading methods... in my opinion.

Of course I think the general public will always have in the back of their mind the words Grahame Norton said..."It's OK... at least I didn't vomit" when thinking about home made anything. (no fancy branding or high st status... no Mc or i infront of the title!)

iWine... got a ring to it no?
                            Last edited by billy; 20-06-2009, 08:38 PM.

Comment

Twould be nice'if the Beeb would allow this to be seen in North America, but I guess we colonials are not as sofistikated as the yourapeeans.

Comment

Here ya go Pat a link to utube for those usofistikated amongst us
                                Discount Home Brew Supplies
                                Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
                                Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
                                National Wine Judge
                                N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

Working...
                                X